Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all a bit of a joke really, isn't it. I imagine a paranoid lawyer somewhere in an Adobe office, Googling "naughty words" , but the Microsoft paperclip giving him "normal words" without him noticing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this thread's inception, numerous posts have been made detailing the "against user guidelines" issue.

Has Adobe addressed the issue and made any announcements about upcoming fixes? Any updates regarding AI technology? With generative fill, the remove tool, and Firefly Beta, I've had a lot of success. Everything is magic. I'm eager to see how the AI fixes this significant flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're going backwards here, with our software telling us what we can and can't do.

My car doesn't have a 70MPH limiter on it to stop me speeding. The knives in my kitchen weren't blunted on purchase to stop me stabbing someone. My printer doesn't have AI in it stopping me printing nudes and pasting them up all over town!... so why does Adobe think my photo editing software should be my nanny?

Many of here are experienced pros and we know the many rules and laws which govern what we do. We don't want to be told what to do by our computers, nor for for them to summararily decide we're guilty of something!

I'm an adult. I've worked for 35 years as a pro photographer, with 25 of those in newspapers. All kinds of subject matter crossed the desk during that time, from bombings and disaster scenes, to scantily-clad models in swimwear shoots. The whole time, I, my colleagues and my editors had free rein to edit all such material, with our own sense of decency, propriety, free-will and ultimately the law to keep us in check.

NOW apparently Adobe thinks it's okay for my COMPUTER to tell ME what I can and can't do. We are supposed to be in charge of the computer, not it in charge of us!

What's Adobe going to do next?... Maybe tell us we can only feature subjects of a certain ethnicity, or gender, or age, or only let us use the colour blue? Maybe they'll stop us editing images of politicians THEY don't like!?

This isn't just about AI. There has clearly been a POLICY DECISION that Photoshop should start controlling its users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to eliminate the white specks with generative fill on the couch shown in the picture. The couch is sort of white people flesh colored and the censor does not you messing with it. This is a real pain and should be fixed.the couch.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAn one of you Adobe employees explain WHY you are censoring everything we try to do? I can understand blocking unlawful acts as per the territory in which your software is used, but when you are telling us what we can and cannot have in a professional photoshoot..you must have a good reason- We'd love to know what it is?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PeterGJones what did you enter for a prompt? I used your image and put a period "." in the Gen Fill prompt and it cleaned up everything including your arrow.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1689712007768.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of the complainers uploaded their files as requested by Adobe? That is the only way the problem will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work using my method of making a small additional selection on the dark background curtain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run into guideline issues, it often helps me to flatten the layers and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this often helps as well. Never thought of mentioning this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe has already started pushing ads about the new generative fill feature in Photoshop, I suspect that the programmers are working as hard and as diligently as they can to get things working properly. But this incredible feature (at least when it's working, which I suspect is most of the time) is and will probably remain in beta for quite some time to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seemingly Cornice is violating user guidelines. Now in the UK WE call it a pelmet. It doesn't work typing Decorative Cornice, it doesn't understand pelmet either. Cornice furnishing aslo violates whilst pelmet furnishing is ok. Odd thing is it allows a lit cigarette in an ashtray.

I was working on a Victorian lady sitting a table and a pelmet was a standard piece of decoration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fabrege is another word it won't accept. Fabrege meaning one of the priceless Russian jewel eggs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't just about AI. There has clearly been a POLICY DECISION that Photoshop should start controlling its users.

gadget13769, it reminds me of when Adobe decided to ban Photoshop from scanning or displaying banknotes (around 2005). I've done training courses in banks where the graphic designers went berserk.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh that must have been brilliant.😅😅😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay wrote: It reminds me of when Adobe decided to ban Photoshop from scanning or displaying banknotes

JR, this was not something Adobe decided. It came from the central banks around the world. See the CBCDG website:

janee_0-1689772917201.png

This is from Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/cds.html

"Adobe® Photoshop® software includes a counterfeit deterrence system (CDS) that prevents the use of the product to illegally duplicate banknotes. As implemented, CDS prevents customers from opening detailed images of banknotes within Photoshop. The CDS technology was commissioned by the Central Bank Counterfeit Deterrence Group (CBCDG), a consortium of central banks from around the world. Adobe has included CDS in Photoshop at the request of the CBCDG.

"Laws regarding the reproduction of currency images vary widely from country to country. In some countries, reproduction is permitted for specific purposes given certain restrictions, but in other countries any form of reproduction is considered a crime. For complete information about the rules in a given country, please consult CBCDG’s website, www.rulesforuse.org. Where applicable, this website will also indicate where you can obtain legally reproducible currency images, and who to contact for further questions and information."

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Graham24508943nobd wrote: 

Fabrege (sic) is another word it won't accept. Fabrege meaning one of the priceless Russian jewel eggs.

Can you tell us if it does the same when you spell fabergé correctly?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the people being smarty about reporting images. I would be preporting over half the images I use if I did that.  

I recently had a family member over who has used PS and LR in the past. He was amazed at the censorship/violations as well. At least half of the things we did stuff with violated terms. So, tell me why I would want to set here reporting things continually? I would barely be able to do any art. You clearly do not understand the vast problem this is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens no matter the spelling. However I typed in Jewelled egg and got a nice result.

victorian003 copy.jpg

 That's my project just now. Have still to add scratches and tears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Palavras como EVA, NEO GENESIS, e muitas outras que nada tem de mal ou problema, acho que a empresa não deve decidir o que podemos ou não criar, uma vez que isso LIMITA O TRABALHO CRIATIVO DE UM ARTISTA, logo é um tipo de censura. Mas chega a ser ridículo as palavras filtradas.
Vocês são uma empresa de ferramenta de trabalho, não um partido político ou uma entidade não governamental, não cabe a vocês decidir o que um artista pode ou não fazer, isso chama-se CENSURA.

Versão Adobe Photoshop: 24.7.0 20230712.m.2239 0f0768a x64
Número de lançamentos: 13
Sistema Operacional: Windows 11 64-bits
Versão: 11 ou superior 10.0.22623.1037

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember when the people complaining most about text to image AI were artists, photograhers, and models. Now the people doing most of the complaining are the people trying to take advantage of it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This REALLY needs to be addressed.  Maybe they are working on it, but I am failing to see why tree branches violate anything.  Seriously.  Im begging....PLEASE FIX THIS!  I'm so excited to have an easy way to fix things like this in my portrait session, but not if I keep getting this message!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DarthVengeant you clearly do not understand how AI works. This is a machine learning process. The more people report, the more the team can train the AI to not false flag items. Or you can continue to complain on forums about how terrible this all is while volunatarily participating in a beta and not help move the project forward. If more than half of your prompts are failing are you reading up and trying the various methods to prevent a false flag like entering a period or a descriptive prompt instead of blank fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you don't understand AI either lol. Especially if, as you say, because "the team can train the AI." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. Please keep the conversations friendly and on topic. We do hear you all and are working hard to make sure that when Generative Fill is ready for the public it is a solid and fully functioning tool that everyone wants.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate