Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're clearly new here. You need to take some time to read through the forum to understand there are work-arounds, that Adobe is not the morality police, that bugs exists and are difficult to find, and, if you were to take the time out to search Adobe Stock with the keywords, nude, boudoir, etc., you'll discover that Adobe has no issues whatsoever with skin. Meanwhile, trying going to an online AI site and attempt to create a nude female figure. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good progress!

May:

Generative Fill GL.png

September:

Capture_2309071448.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face error also :something went wrong please try again"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error 01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@debbies79739583 hello and thank you for your feedback. We (Adobe) are being cautious, yes, and hope to share an update on restrictions soon. Reminder that this is a beta and hearing requests plus constructive feedback is encouraged. Please share what you wish to do in the tool, what part you feel is lacking and we can go from there.

Best,

Caity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay awesome! Did you have to use the workaround "dot" in the prompt or was the result with no prompt + gen expand?

Thank you for sharing, this is helpful to see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caity.psd:

Yes I used the "dot tip" in the prompt, otherwise I get the same warning than before.

But I had to start over several times because some of the legs and feet are horrible, but sometimes it's very realistic when there are old plastic bags. 😉

Capture_2309071527.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes it does the same for women in swimsuits, actually to any woman in any situation. My problem is, that since we are paying for this program, and it isn't cheap, why are they censoring creativity? if they fear someone will use it to do something wrong, they should just publish a disclaimer. if not take the product off the market. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not paying for it. You are paying for the released version of Photoshop. You are using the beta version free of charge on a voluntary basis. As I mentioned elsewhere, I am using the beta versions for the next operating systems for the iPhone, Mac OS, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and iPad. I don't expect Apple to give me the equipment for free just because I am volunarily testing their beta software. That is not the way public betas work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniellei4510 I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you here.  They don't give out the beta out of the goodness of their hearts.  They give it out so that they can use us as free testers.  We are absolutely working for them testing this software and in return (hopefully) we end up getting a better product.  The cost to them of getting testers as broad as interested customers would be a very big number, not a tiny number.

So, if you're going to take part in a beta and don't give them honest feedback (either no feedback or unhelpful feedback), then you are completely wasting your time.  They want and need constructive criticisms and reports of bugs (I think this thread is an example of both, mostly), so any comment that tries to get people to not complain is also working against the betterment of the product.  You might complain that some of the feedback isn't very helpful, that's valid, but trying to insist that we can't complain because we aren't paying for the beta is missing the forest for the trees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but complaining gets you nowhere. Not here, at least. Only a few small number of Adobe employees take the time to look through this forum, and I'd be willing to bet your complaints, if viewed at all, are not taken seriously. Also, again, it is voluntary. If one thinks they should be paid for participating, don't participate in the program. But to suggest that the feature be removed completely from the beta version until it is working properly is certainly unfair to the thousands of people who are using it successfully for their own requirements and purposes. And it IS easily removed. Just use the official version of Photoshop. Plain and simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniellei4510 You're demonstrably wrong, the fact that Photoshop changed the functionality of the feature to add a Request Review feature puts your opinion that comments and complaints are not being read by Adobe to rest.

If there is a problem, and this is a clear problem, then complaining during the beta process is the only possible thing to do if you expect it to be better when it makes it to production.  If you sit on your hands in some passive-aggresive attempt to ignore the problem, then you deserve to have those problems last into production.

Also, I don't have a clue where you read someone suggesting they be paid for participating in the beta.  I didn't see any of those messages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never said i wanted to be paid for anything. Where did you get that from? It seems you are upset. Don't know why? But you have a nice day anyway. Try to be happy. I am sure you will feel better.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't expect to be paid to test. However, I do imagine most beta-users are here because they ARE already paying for Photoshop/CC.

Therefore, we WILL be asked to continue paying for whatever emerges from this beta.

I know that the graphical functionality and text prompting will improve, but I'm just commenting on this thread to try to ensure this final release doesn't add unwanted controls which limit my creativity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also something from me on this topic,
Adobe acts as a moral guardian in this problem,
however, it is forgotten that photography and editing
Art is. If Rembrandt or Van Goch had the draughtsman more naked,
or want to ban half-? Dear Adobe Team, let's become artists
Be an artist and take care of an error-free programming.!
And with that, greetings from Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PictureArt please read this thread entirely before posting about "moral guardian" etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the version of Photoshop, I go into it and want to continue working, and then I get the message “Your access is denied due to violation of our terms of use.”
I want to know what conditions I violated? If all I do is to expand the covers of songs by various artists!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer know where to write about this problem, I searched on the Internet and found nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you get the same message over and over ever since it first appeared? I would try uninstalling/reinstalling. That message is a first, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a Square covering part of the picture. But it shall be placed under the next layer you're going to generate. The IA won't read the whole image, therefore, won't find "bad imagery". Be sure that the generation doens't hit the square, or you know, it will considered at something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what does "Request review" do?  I have dozens of idiotic messages saying I'm violating Adobe's guidelines. I have clicked the Request review on a few of those, but then what?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that message but I only play with GF on old photographs to see how it's progressing. I suspect the image is sent to the programmers to assess the issue but they will not necessarily reply to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also suspect it's the first step in creating a means to appeal a violation. Midjourney, for example, has such a process in place. When a prompt is appealed, it is sent to a bot that is less restrictive than its normal bot. "A blindfolded woman," for example might result in getting an appeal button. If the remaining words in the prompt don't suggest something nefarious going on, the appeal is immediately accepted. But I'm just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered something today...I was editing some wedding photos and I had
a table in front of someone and it was covering their leg, I selected the
table and did the generate fill and it told me I was violating the
guidelines.
so I deselected the table. and when the prompt thing came up I wrote "no
table" and pressed the generate button and the table disappeared. Try that,
maybe say " no trash?"

--
Jale Fancey
Photographer of
Nature, Landscapes,
Portraits, Families,
Special Requests
Organizer of adventures and retreats.
Photography is my PASSION !
jfanceyphotography@gmail.com
member of the following websites:
jalefanceyphotography.pixels.com
https://www.viewbug.com/member/jfancey
https://www.facebook.com/Jale-Fancey-Photography-320584514633739/

519-466-2512

Always looking forward to the next adventure! Will you join me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when Generative Fill is officially released in the wild, I believe it will still require some prompting skills, just like learning how to use many other tools in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate