Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an image I generated from anothe system. I am trying to replace the bacground.  I am trying to add something like : 

"Dark Clouds with heavy lightning" 

"City in Fire backgound" 

"Hell background"

When I check the guidelines I see nothing that rings a bell. The guidelines had no indicatipon of what keywords are wrong or why it got rejected

So what is possible and not possible with PS AI ? 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Generative Fill is released in the regular Photoshop version this topic seems misplaced here because there is a dedicated Photoshop (Beta) Forum. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta/ct-p/ct-photoshop-beta?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got 25.0 production version this morning, and generative fill is now included.

I tried it once just to check that it's working - it was - which is a first for me. I never installed the beta and I'm still not convinced I really need this...

In fact, I probably won't use it. I immediately got this feeling that, hey, this isn't my image anymore! Someone or something else just took over. Which of course is exactly what happened. How anyone can use "generative fill" and "creative" in the same sentence is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I apaologize; I haven’t gotten an update-indication so far but if Genrative Fill left beta then it obviously is a subject for this Forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fire & smoke are two words the bot does not allow at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that happens, I go to firefly.adobe.com to see if they don't work there as well. If they don't, they are banned words (which would be very odd). If they do, it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I just responded to someone elsewhere, when stuff like this happens, head over to firefly.adobe.com to see if they work there. Sounds more like a bug than banned words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse this isnt a wide release yet so best to hold off on commenting on it until GA is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fabbui, it may not be the prompt that's causing the warning message, but how you are going about replacing the background. Make a selection of the area you want to replace. Then use the prompt box and generate. Here is my result using your “Dark Clouds with heavy lightning” prompt. Let us know how it goes!

JEL_0-1694444252979.png

ETA: If your prompt is too short, it won't work. Try this instead, “Red fiery scene that looks like Hell” 

JEL_0-1694444776393.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just got 25.0 production version this morning, and generative fill is now included." -D Fosse
How did you get PS 25.0? I would love to have it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gregusaurus Just give it a day or two. It's rolled out over several days to ease the load on the servers. I've sometimes had to wait two days after initial reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer I get the regular releases, not in advance, so I suppose Iwas just lucky to be among the first this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for my new release update to arrive for Photoshop 25.0. Does anyone here using the new release (not the beta) still get "the generated images were removed"  against guidlines warning or any censorship? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been (and still am) critical of any attempt by Adobe to govern what I can create, but credit where credit's due: I used GF to remove a brolly reflection from a complex window background and it did an excellent job where other fill, heal, patch and clone tools failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

earlier today I got a pic I took a few years ago of a beach & ocean scene. I removed a few caravans from grassland, and people that were walking on the beach simply by typing remove. in the prompt and that worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gadget13769 appreciate you for sharing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caity.psd Can you tell us if the new Photoshop 25.0 release (NOT BETA-  some report its release but I have not seen it as yet)  has Generative Fill and Expand without censorship or warnings from Adobe? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gregusaurus and everyone! Generative AI features are now available publicly in Photoshop v25 (please update!).

We are continually working to improve the Firefly model that powers generative AI features in Photoshop. Because we are constantly learning, improving, and optimizing our model you may inadvertently receive a “false violation” message when using generative AI in Photoshop. If after you review the guidelines you believe you received a false violation, continue to share feedback via “REQUEST REVIEW” so you can share more information on the violation. This feedback will help us to improve our model and help reduce the number of “false violations” that occur.

You may still experience this in v25. We will keep this thread active and share updates to our model as we improve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may continue to receive a “false violation” message when using generative AI in Photoshop. If after you review the guidelines you believe you received a false violation, click on “REQUEST REVIEW” so you can share more information on the violation. This feedback will help us to improve our model and help reduce the number of “false violations” that occur.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still there. No nudity and it objected to adding a 3rd leg to a figure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PeterGJones have you tried the new release version of Ps that has GenAI?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230906.r.37 b14e317 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, using 25.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's daft as the bot frequently adds a third leg to a person or more to a four legged animal  😅😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Caity.psd

Can you tell us when this update to 25.0 will be widely available. I have not recieved an update notification in my CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gregusaurus are you in an enterprise or educational account? If so your admin needs to allow access to apps within 30 days of release or you wont see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate