• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is easier to export the photo in .psd format (original size and no sharpening).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i am trying to edit my photo that i adjusted in Light room Classic in Photoshop beta but it seems like Photoshop beta cannot sync the adjustment and setting that i made in Light room Classic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why i would update to the version (25.0) i've uninstalled because its incapacity to work with lightroom classic... i've uninstalled the 25.0 and use the 24.7  version for making my workflow be a workflow. So i would eventually instal a really working version but surely not the 25.0 until Adobe communicate to a real fix. 

Adobe lightroom classic version 12.4

Adobe Photoshop beta 24.7

Windows 11 version 23h2 ( build 22631.2129)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to reproduce on Win 11 using LRC 12.4 and Ps 24.7.0.

ps 2024 could not be launched.jpglightroom was unable to prepare file.jpg

During process, LRC is throwing messages: "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

After sometimes it is showing another message " Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at D:\PicturesV.. \IMG_20221231_152241.jpg for editing. It will not be opened.

My experience is that TIFF, PSD and CR2 can open in Photoshop but with long delay like 30 or more second and after showing first message while JPEG seems can not be open at all.

Files are open after long delay and message "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issues with Photoshop Beta.  I ended up removing PS Beta and reïnstalling PS (again), very frustrating as this happened while I was being interviewed for an online photography magazine academy on how I edit my pictures.  Anyway, I redid all the disk access things again (removing PS and LR from the full disk access menu, closing down the menu, restarting the menu and added both again).  It did not work.  I have spent hours again, trying to correct the situation.  Afterwards, I gave up and rebooted my system, which then seemed to work. (I could edit in PS again), but not sure if this was due to other things I was trying to do to get my system running.

Anyway, a workaround I have found that actually works, is putting the raw files on an external SSD (I have a fast Sandisk Extreme Pro, 4Tb).  Going that route works for edit in PS. It's not perfect and for obvious reasons and being more mobile, I want to edit off the internal SSD in my MBP.  But it works for me in a bind and not wanting to spend another couple of hours trying to right a known issue in Adobe/Apple configuration.  Hope this works for you too until they get around to fixing it (if they ever do, as it seems Adobe is not really righting problems raised in the forums)...

Have a great day, 
DrBobke

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​(New to this forum and can't work out how to reply to other thread. If someone reads this and knows how perhaps they can copy this to that thread)

Have both production 24.7 and beta 25.0 (installed 7th August) on M1 iMac and had the problem with Cmd-E not working for sending RAW file to PS Beta

However in my tests using CMD-E and editing original of a PSD file works without delay.

The work round I have come up with for sending RAW files to both Photoshop 2023 and new 25.0 beta is to use Export to create & stack PSD in same folder and then open it in correct application. Create presets for both options. Then if doing an editing session and always using same application then on first transfer to Photoshop use Export with appropriate preset, either from menu bar or via right-click. Then future transfers to same version of Photoshop can be done with Export with Previous, shift-option-cmd-E on Mac.

Doesn't work for the special cases such as opening as Smart Object etc, would probably need to use Bridge to deal with some of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found solution or workaround for problem while running 24.7.0 Photoshop and Ps 25 Beta installed alongside (I have it installed thats why beta is mentioned, not tested withoun beta version on the same machine). LRC is 12.4.  Create new preset in Preferences > External Editing:

• Click on Choose button on the right side of Aplication: and navigate to Photoshop.exe.
  • Click on Preset, drop down and choose Save Current Settings as New Preset. Name it like Ps 2023.
  • Use newly created Ps 2023 on right click > Edit In > Ps 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC and latest version of programs

"Could not edit because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be started". This happens when I try to open as layers in Photoshop from LRC.

Discovered it when had synchronized my photostacked pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Bojan,  Thanks for your answer, i deinstalled PS and Beta compled und deleted the Beta Folder under c:/Program/Adobe. I restartet PC and instald Beta .  Wenn i transmit a Pic from LRc to PS-Beta, Beta opens the Start menue, but not the Foto. After 30-40 sec there is an Pop Up in LRc  

SilkoRa_0-1691400648205.png

and after "OK" click the Foto opens behind 10sec.   . the first Step to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Please help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re. Lightroom Classic: loading NEF-files into PS (beta) using Ctl + E does not work. Path Photoshop 2024 is not recognised. Path cannot be altered in Preferences, External Editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dieses Problem habe ich seit heute auch .

Wer kann helfen ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the PS Beta, when I select EDIT IN PS, PS will open (if it isnt aready) and then nothing happens, after I go to LR and try selecting other images about 5 mins after a message will pop up in LR saying it cant open the image in PS to edit. If I click OK after about another 3 Mins I will see the Jpeg appear in LR, and then when I go back to PS shortly after the images I want to edit will appear in PS. this means it takes around 10 mins before I can edit the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die neueste Photoshop Beta Version kann nicht mehr von Lightroom aus geöffnet werden - das Problem kann man so lösen, indem man in der Creative Cloud die Photoshop Betaversion wieder um eine Version zurück setzt. 
Die wirkliche Gemeinheit ist, dass ADOBE selbst zu diesem Problem schweigt, keinerlei Stellungnahmen zu diesem Problem veröffentlicht und wie es zu lösen ist.
Der telefoniosche  Support ist nicht erreichbar ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dieses Problem ist so schwerwiegend, dass es doch ADOBE aufgefallen sein müsste, dass das update so einen gravierenden Fehler hat - kann doch nicht sein, dass Adobe die eigenen Produkte vor einem update nicht testet ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you unsinstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and Lightroom Classic recently to fix this post's issue, you may noticed that you ended up with Photoshop 2023 (version 11.7) and Photoshop Beta (version 12.0). If you have none of these running in the background and you selected Edit in Photoshop from your Lightroom image, it will launch it in Photoshop 2023 version 11.7 by default and all works normally.

If you want to use the new Beta version 12.0 to take advantage of new features like Generative Expand, quit Photoshop 2023 and launch Photoshop Beta so it's running in the background. Then go to Lightroom and select Edit in Photoshop. You will get a warning to say it will open it up in Beta. Choose yes to do so. Then you will experience a known Adobe bug, but it still works if you're patient. It may take 2-3 minutes and then you will get a popup in Lightroom that says, "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop (Beta) could not be launched". Don't worry. Just click the blue OK button and wait. You will then see Photoshop Beta open up your Lightroom image. Saving changes in Beta will then save your updates back to Lightroom. This worked for me. Give it a try. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I have wasted sooo much time talking to a bot with no answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 25.0 Beta the hand off from Lightroom to PS Beta 25.0 doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour je ne peux plus envoyer une photo de lightroom à Photoshop
j'ai ce message de lightroom "le fichier n'a pas été modifieé , car Adobe Photoshop 2024 n'a pas pu être lancé "
j'ai sur mon ordi Photoshop 2023 et la version bêta toutes les deux à jour des mises à jour par adobe creative cloud 

et dans lightroom /préférences/edition externe /version photoshop  j'ai que l'option adobe photoshop 2024

merci pour votre aide 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every since I updated to the newest version of PS I've been getting Error 21: undefined is not an object message when saving and "Edit In PS" from Lightroom is broken. I removed the most recent update and my issues were resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

même problème depuis plusieurs jours. Les réactions s'enchainent sur la communauté mais pour l'instant aucune correction ne semble avoir été apportée.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or does this option not work anymore? When I select it, Photoshop loads but not the image and if I open in the image is doesn't include any Lightroom edits I've made...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on an M2 Macbook Pro. What's interesting is that if the raw file finally does open it come in with a PSD or TIFF extension instead of the usualy raw extension. I decided to uninstall PS Beta and now when going to PS 2023 from Lightroom with a raw file the image doesn't open at all, so I suspect it might be a Lightroom problem. I can open the raw file with no issue directely from the finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue on both beta  and regular PS2024. Extremely annoying, and now I'm falling behind on project deliverables to client. Please fix ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now Adobe is tellingu you have to upgrade to 25.0 before August 14? 

How about fixing this bug before forcing people to update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate