• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Vertical lines appear when using a brush.

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make a 12X12 inch canvas, and paint with a brush. It appears to make vertical lines on the canvas.Capture.PNG

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

We appreciate your patience while we fixed this.  It was a nasty bug and easy to repro so we could turn around a fix relatively quickly.  We're working on adding a case to our automation testing so that if this ever breaks again, we'll know asap and not let this get out to you, our customers.  Thanks again and apologies that this broke in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Thanks @Chad Rolfs and everyone for your patience.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
58 Comments
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" It’s just that not everyone needs this function; most users don’t even know what color dynamics are." You do not even need to know what color dynamics are to have the problem. If you use a brush, download a brush, or purchase a brush that has color dynamics turned on, and a flow less than 100, you would have the problem. Well, now it is fixed. Hopefully it will stay fixed. I DO use color dynamics, it is a great feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciate your patience while we fixed this.  It was a nasty bug and easy to repro so we could turn around a fix relatively quickly.  We're working on adding a case to our automation testing so that if this ever breaks again, we'll know asap and not let this get out to you, our customers.  Thanks again and apologies that this broke in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for fixing this! I love my brushes, I NEED my brushes! All good here now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Chad Rolfs and everyone for your patience.

Thanks,

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default circular brush (with adjustable hardness) produces artifacts everywhere that resemble blocky vertical lines. This always happens around the right edge of the brush stamp at the given time and place, as well as at seemingly fixed columns on the canvas. So far this only seems to happen with the default round brush, and not any other custom brush. Also only the regular Brush seems to produce these artifacts, things like the Mixer Brush or Eraser don't (or any other tool that can use the same brushes as a stamp) 

These artifacts appear when I use the default round brush with the following details:

• The flow for the brush is less than 100%. Opacity doesn't matter
  • Using either the mouse or a drawing tablet
  • Document bit depth is 8 or 16 bits. Changing color mode doesn't affect it, however in RGB 32-bit mode the issue is gone
  • And/or any of the jitter sliders in [Brush Settings --> Color Dynamics] are set to anything above 0%. If I leave Color Dynamics sliders with as few % and set Flow to 100%, the issue is gone. If I leave Flow at let's say 50% and turn off Color Dynamics (or move the sliders to 0%) the issue is gone again. But I want to use both at the same time so this doesn't really help me
  • Toggling other brush settings don't seem to change anything in this issue. First I thought it was a texture problem, but it isn't

Current behavior: notice all the vertical, pixelated lines

AlphaSnowLion_1-1709380497901.png

Expected behavior: no vertical lines, just the soft brush strokes (this was made in 32 bit mode solely for comparison)

AlphaSnowLion_2-1709380572371.png

Troubleshooting steps so far, none of which helped:

• Update Photoshop
  • Update GPU driver
  • Reset Brush tool settings
  • Reset Photoshop settings
  • Try using the brush in brand new and old documents
  • Uncheck "Use GPU" in [Photoshop settings --> Performance]
  • Disable Native Canvas in [Photoshop settings --> Tech. previews]
  • Plugging my monitor into the motherboard for it to use the iGPU instead
  • Not undervolting the GPU (see below)

Specs:

• Photoshop version: v25.5. I first noticed this problem on v25.4. This definitely wasn't an issue on v24.1.0.166 yet
  • GPU & driver: PowerColor 6900XT Red Devil with AMD Adrenaline 24.2.1 driver. I udated from 24.1.1 yesterday after noticing this problem. The issue is the same with both driver versions. ReBAR is enabled. GPU is undervolted to 95% (default is 100%)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K, stock with power limits removed, and PL1 duration set to max. (~452s)
  • RAM: Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16 (running XMP1 profile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is supposedly fixed in v25.6 latest Beta (although I don't seem to be able to reproduce it now in release version 25.5)

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-vertical-lines-appear-when-using-a-brush/idi-p/...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AlphaSnowLion Please update to 25.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey all, we have a newer Ps beta: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.9.0 20240417.m.2590 45fa5ee arm64

Please download to make sure you have the newest build.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate