• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No AI feature with new update

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new beta version for PS, 24.6.0. (with AI)
I got the new UI but it lacks the AI portion (or option) in the menu bar, or anywhere else.
Is there a minimum hardware requirement that I need? I might have missed the minimum requirements.
I am running Apple iMac Monterey 12.6.6. (Late 2015 build).
I am providing a screen shot of the UI I have available to me at this moment.
Thanks for any help you could provide.

IMG_6403.JPG

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

UPDATE: Hi everyone. For those of you having issues finding the new Generative Fill feature, make sure you have the latest beta version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Please see this thread for any other clarrification:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/upgrade-your-copy-of-photoshop-beta-to-version-25-or-higher/td-p/13986957

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 441 Replies 441
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am a bit frustrated. i have been trying to get this option but it is just not appearing. i have the contextual task bar without Generative fill. i updated both Photoshop and Photoshop beta and i am using an 8 bit image in RGB color mode but still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first downloaded beta version of photoshop and wasn't up to date so I updated it to 24.6. The generative box came up but I can't type. Later I did the next step which was uninstall and restart my computer which is a MacBook Air and on Ventura. I cant get this to work. Generative box pops up but can't type. Please help. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to see the generative fill window, but it's greyed out and the hover prompt states "Generative fill currently not available". I had an adobe technician remote into my computer and for the last hour she uninstalled, reinstalled like 3 times, I rebooted my computer 4 times, and the problem is not fixed. She said she would report it to the engineering team, but apparently there is a bug with some users. I'm windows 10 pro. Not sure if this OS is exclusively the one causing the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taken from: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Why can’t I access Generative Fill?

[....] "Also, for non-RGB 8/16 bits documents, the feature is visible but disabled. Hovering over the Generate button will show a tooltip explaining why the feature is unavailable."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue: "Generative Fill Currently Not Avaialble" hsowing on the proper beta version.  It appears my Win10 system neede the following system update from Microsoft: (May 23, 2023-KB5026958 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2)

Once the above update was installed and system rebooted, generative fill worked properly.  Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with mine but I'm on a MacBook Air running Ventura 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for a the greyed out box is updating your birthdate in Behance.  I just did it and it solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible. It is working. Just open site Behance.net and fill birthday. And restart PS Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for adding birth month to Behance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my login I have 2 options  the company login or a personal account . Only the personal one gave me the 24.6 beta option the company one didnt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've found the same issue, my colleague has a personal account which works but our enterprise accounts don't show the latest version of the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue with generative fill being grayed out. Logged into Behand.net and I had to enter my age info and restarted the beta. Now it works! I'm on a business license version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just logged in to behance but on my profile i couldnt find where i can add my birthday. could you tell me where it is  (I couldnt even find whre i can add my  birthday on my adobe id page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, do you have a student account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  I do have a student account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same promt on my computer. MacBook Pro intel (2019) runing MacOS Ventura 13.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Is it available or "available for some"?

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 3.34.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the sama issue. I have just installed photoshop beta just to experience "generative fill" feature but on the tool bar generative fill grayed out and tips says "generative fill is currently not available" 

Is that mean it is going to be available soon or not going to be available in some areas?

I would appreciate if someone enlighten me. 

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 13.39.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am currently signed up as a student. Might this be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also signed up as a student and I hope this was not the reason that we can not use "generative fill" otherwise that would be a big shame on adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be. You have to be 18 to use the feature, but for student accounts you're not able to apply your age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add your date of birth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Generative Fill button at all. Photoshop beta is up to date, I'm old enough, restarted my computer and all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the AI features are present in the beta desktop version?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the Photoshop Beta version so I could use the Generative fill tool.  I made a selection, and the toolbar appeared, but Generative fill was not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines