• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush stops working (specifically stroke) after zooming out and in using PSUserConfig.tx

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

so I got very peculiar and specific issue with the brush on Wacom intuous, Windows 10 and Photoshop.

When i rapidly zoom out,then right after zoom in a lot and then zoom out again to normal size canvas, the brush stroke function stops working-so basically im unable to make strokes/lines, I can only do "dots" with the brush so only does one "tap of color" each time i tap it but cant make a stroke. The only way it to make it work again is when I lift up the pen to the level that tablet is not recognizing it (not detecting) and then lower it down again so tablet is again recognizing it--then the pen/brush works as it should.  

Ive tried the obvious things as installing all the updates, doing the "PSuserConfig" trick, not using windows ink, copying the line of text to powershell, restarting it etc--nothing fixis it.

Its also not the before brought up panning issue, that when the canvas is zoomed in the pen acts like a pan tool instead of brush.

Thank you for your recommendations

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Very good explanation of your issue.

For the sake of completeness, to help engineers: did it occur in older versions of Photoshop?

Which exact version of Photoshop, Windows and the Wacom Driver are you using (did you try newer or older drivers?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I should have all the latest updates regarding wacom(6.3.44-3)/windows(dont really know but can find out if needed)/and photoshop (2022)

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also another bug i noticed- when being in Photoshop, and then going out of it (just clicking outside the program on for example chrome) and then going/clicking back to Photoshop, the brush has full pen pressure(resulting in full size and full color stroke,depending on brush settings) so its basically not recognizing the pen pressure but thats just for the very first stroke coming back to Photoshop, the next stroke is already as it should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Tools... 

Is"Enable Flick Panning" off? If not, does turning it off make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was on, turned it off- but didnt make a difference, the issue still persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also noticed, with the issues of zooming out and in and out again, the brush not only looses the stroke ability, even the dots that are the only ability that is left at that moment are full-color even though im touching lightly-meaning the pressure sensitivity is also lost at that very moment and not only the stroke ability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a short video capturing the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So ive found out few interesting specifics about the issue

The moment i dont put the notorious "PSUserConfig.txt" file into the appdata-photoshop settings, the issue with brush not stroking after the zoom-outs/ins isnt there, so it basically works as it should.

But new issues come up doing this- When i dont have the "PSUserConfig" applied, and i dont use the Windows Ink I then, obviously, dont have pen pressure at all. If i do use the Windows Ink though, i do have the pen pressure, but the problems arise when simply using the things like curves or sliders(like dragging down the slider to see all the brushes etc)-what happens is that the slider always has some extra time till it reacts,or maybe not neccessary extra time,but i have to click and drag several milimeters/pixels till it actually starts reacting-which i guess is normal behaviour with Windows Ink ON, but unfortunately it makes the user experience laggy and not really workable.

Another important thing ive realized- till now, how i used to zoom is that i had one of my buttons on my Pen/stylus mapped as Pan/Scroll and i would click CTRL+this pen button Pan/Scroll and drag on tablet to zoom in/out. The moment i dont use this method and I zoom by clicking CTRL+SPACEBAR on keyboard and then drag my Pan on tablet, the zoom works without any issues (even when i have Windows Ink off, and i do have the PSUserConfig in the PS settings) and i dont have any other issues mentioned above.

Now this seems as something to do with using the button on the pen (which wasnt an issue in old PS versions like from 2014).

This makes me then also ask- is there to remap the PS kyeboard shortcuts from for example ctrl+spacebar for zooming to ctrl+alt? I couldnt find anything that would allow me to change that.

Doesn anybody have some ideas about any of these things and possible sulotions,suggestions?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines