• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Artboards get messed up when dragging multiple artboards

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a bug that I don't think existed before 21.1.0. When mouse-dragging multiple artboards, they glitch out, with the artboards and their contents getting out of sync with each other and jumping to unexpected areas of the canvas.

Please see GIF below (also here: https://gph.is/g/Ev151vV )

Image is not available

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

This was fixed in 22.0.0

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists in 21.1.1, even though that update was said to address some other canvas positioning errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboards don't stay in place when you drag multiple artboards, they jump to a different location. Fix the problems with dragging in Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@david, would it be possible to get a copy of your file? Engineering has not been able to reproduce exactly what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a simple PSD that I can confirm displays similar problems on my end: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArgAg1qAY1amkalEhPel0Mwy30bcvQ?e=w8AS9e

If it doesn't have problems immediately, just keep dragging multiple artboards around at different combinations of distances and zoom levels, and the glitches may emerge.

It seems like complexity has something to do with the problem: on my large PSDs with dozens of artboards and hundreds of layers, the glitches are more or less constant, immediate, and severe. Though this new PSD that I just uploaded worked fine for the first little while, but eventually showed the same types of glitches when I persisted.

I've noticed that it may be a display issue only, as if I save the file (or sometimes, change zoom level) then everything seems to pop back into where it's supposed to be. Perhaps a GPU-rendering issue? 

I can give you the original file screenshotted above if you give me a private channel through which to do so. 

Also let me know if you need any of my software/settings/hardware details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI
I've just upgraded my nvidia driver (from 436.48 to 445.75), in case that was the issue, but the problem still persists. 

Also, turning off "use GPU" in PS settings doesn't help either. Performance is greatly decreased, but the glitches are still there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Let me see if that helps us reproduce. Will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if disabling rulers makes this behave better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, enabling/disabling rulers/grids/smartguides doesn't seem to make a difference. Neither does enabling/disabling "Auto-size canvas" in Artboard options bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another observation: the problem seems to happen at any zoom level. However, once glitches present themselves, they seem to 'stick' to zoom levels of ~65% and up. This is a typical example:

• I'm at 100% zoom level, and I move a couple of artboards - positional glitching appears
  • I use my mouse scrollwheel to zoom in and out, in and out
  • At any zoom level below ~65%, the glitches disappear, and the artboard contents 'snap back' into their correct places.
  • But at any zoom level above ~65%, the glitches reappear. 
  • Trying to force a screen redraw by dragging the canvas, dragging the contents off-screen then back on, toggling rulers, or changing screen mode, doesn't usually help. 
  • Saving the file does usually (always?) help. 

I was wondering if the "Cache Levels" setting had anything to do with it, so experimented with various levels (2, 3, 8) but it didn't seem to make any difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed in 22.0.0

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still having this problem on 21.1.1 Macbook Pro M1 Mac 2021. This bug is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate