Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Clone Stamp with Dual Brush setting - can't work on edges of canvas

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I first encountered this bug in the 30th anniversary version. I often retouch images using what I call a texture brush - a speckled pattern brush that is achieved by the Dual Brush option set to Multiply blending mode.

A bug was introduced in the 30th anniversary version, where the edges of the canvas were "protected", as in nothing was being applied to them, in relation to the brush size. Use a small brush, and only a tiny sliver of the edge cannot be touched. Use a very large brush, and you cannot have an effect over a larger area near the edge.

I uploaded a short video to youtube as a demonstration:

This bug has been reproduced by many other individuals using Dual Brush Clone Stamps on a variety of systems. The key factor seems to be the Dual Brush option. A regular brush (B) with Dual Brush works as it should, but Clone Stamp doesn't.

Windows 10, TR1950X, 64GB if that is of any concern. Please no "have you tried turning it off and on again" -tier answers.

This problem does not exist in versions prior to the 30th anniversary version.

Thank you!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

This should be fixed in 22.x or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth,  Puget Sound Systems did a pretty thorough study of CPUs vs Photoshop. Their conclusion was "AMD Threadripper CPUs are not good for Photoshop."

You can look up the study at https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Photoshop-CPU-Roundup-AMD-Ryzen-3rd-Gen-AMD-Threadripper-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely irrelevant to the problem - TR is just fine for Photoshop. Slightly slower performance in some tasks has no bearing on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Great video. I've asked engineering to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be fixed in 22.x or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate