• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm User for Win 10.

Peinjung_0-1655431250953.png

Open the image, specify the size with the Marquee tool, copy it with ctrl + c,

The size of the clipboard that I did ctrl + c in File > New Document screen is not applied to the preset.

Preset.jpg

How can I Do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sizes shown in the first screenshot are examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phosothop won't automatically open new document with the same size the image from the clipboard has.

Provazi_0-1655492898961.png

Now I'm forced to click on some other size and then again click on the clipboard box (left) so the preset details give me the same attributes:

Provazi_2-1655493034082.png

I didn't need to do this before.

What is going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Titanuim – You have filed a bug report, however, you have neglected to mention your version and build of Photoshop? We know you are on Win 10.

Perhaps try resetting your preferences. You should have the option as below:

new-from-clipboard.png

Here it is in a scripted form:

#target photoshop

try {
    // New Doc from Clipboard - Courtesy of the late Michael L. Hale
    var desc = new ActionDescriptor();
    var desc1 = new ActionDescriptor();
    desc1.putString(stringIDToTypeID("preset"), "Clipboard");
    desc.putObject(charIDToTypeID("Nw  "), charIDToTypeID("Dcmn"), desc1);
    executeAction(charIDToTypeID("Mk  "), desc, DialogModes.ALL);
} catch (error) {
    alert("The clipboard is empty or does not have suitable content to create a new document!");
}

Change  DialogModes.ALL  to  DialogModes.NO  if you don't want the interface.

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few days I have the same problem.
I discovered a workaround:
After closing the new document screen with <escape> and restarting the new document screen, the preset details are corrected.

It looks like a bug in a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify - 
What I used to do:
Copy image > File > New > Clipboard is selected and the canvas size is automatically adjusted to the Clipboard item

How it works now (bugged)
Copy image > File > New > Clipboard is selected but canvas size not adjusted > I now have to select Custom > then back to Clipboard > NOW the canvas size is adjusted properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's frustrating...I do a lot of cut and pasting into new documents and this change has slowed me down because now I have to look at the sizing each time to select the right document size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SimplTrix, sorry to hear this. Tested your workflow here and the result is as expeted.  Woud it be possible for you to share a video of your workflow so the team can see what you are seeing?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for sharing. Have pushed this to the team to investigate.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so everyone experiencing this issue is aware there is a workaround:

WORKAROUND:
Copy Image > File > New > NOW Select Custom (change from Clipboard) > Then re-select Clipboard > Now the auto-size works. It's a gimpy workaround but it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was really tripping me up today, thanks for the other reporters and SimplTrix for the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to point out in case it helps the devs, it does not matter if A) i create a selection in photoshop > Copy , or B) if im in the web browser and right click > copy... i will get the same result where the clipboard does not auto adjust its size to the clipboard item (which it has always done)

I do wonder if the Photoshop team would be better to slow down on the updates, and roll things out more methodically. It seems like they are in some kind of race to just put out as many updates as possible, but [seemingly] without any follow through planning or testing, because it amazes me that every. single. update. a foundational tool or function of photoshop no longer works or ruins a workflow for the day(s)(weeks) until its fixed (if it does get fixed at all).  You need people who actually use the tools you are changing to do the testing. 

• Save As > JPG/PNG (fixed, after a huge debacle).
  • Legacy Line Tool (doesnt exist, but I hope im wrong).
  • Paste function (not fixed).
  • New Clipboard function (not fixed, granted this is only a few days since its happening).
  • Shape anchors transforming glitchy (not fixed). 

These are all things that have worked flawlessly for generations, and then suddenly started torturing users. I really hope its not on purpose. This isn't a social experiment, is it? Maybe we are just the lab rats and they want to see how much they can poke and prod us 😅

It's also SUPER TRIGGERING that you merge our support tickets into one huge thread (without even a notification!!). My advice to photoshop is to just slow down. Go back to your roots. Stop going so far into the 'progressive' wormhole. Please. For the love of photoshop users.

P.S. I still love you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @SimplTrix and all with the merging... it helps the team to have all the threads in one spot so any info that one post has that can help another is here... it isn't our goal to confuse, but the team is on it.

Thank you for your patience,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure this is a workaround, but rather a condition for it to work.

First time I experienced this, I too noticed this option had been changed by something, but I had always assumed it should be visible. This doesn't solve all the problems we are seeing, but I think it's the first condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Provazi 
Thank you very much. Your workaround is working perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sends me way back in time, but at least it works. thank you.

Just think of all the poor users who don't know about this forum and will never find the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory, I understand why you guys do it - but you should really send out notifications every time you merge someone's thread. It would still be highly frustrating, but at least we'd know what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure the best way to express this, and I believe it's a bug because in previous months, I did not experience this problem. I even did a recent update today and the issue still exists.

Reproducing the issue:
I draw a Marquee selection around a section of an existing file/image, copy it, then Ctrl+N for a new file.

Under the default YOUR RECENT ITEMS tab, Clipboard is selected by default. I hit ENTER and it Creates a new canvas for me to paste my copied image from.

But recently, instead of the current Clipboard's dimensions, it seems to be retaining the previous Clipboard dimensions so as a result, I get a canvas with different dimensions and when I paste, it gets clipped or there are margins due to size mismatch.

A temporary workaround is to select a different preset, then select Clipboard again and then I will see the details on the right match the Clipboard dimensions.

I've attached a screenshot showing how the Preset Details don't match the Clipboard dimensions.

Is anyone else experiencing this or doesn't anyone else use Ctrl+N new file like I do?

This didn't happen till a couple of weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Raphael - Hotcakes Media, curious if you have selected in Preferences/General/ the box "Use Legacy New Document Interface or not?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't even try to ask them about PS not showing images on thumbnails on Windows Explorer.

Last time I complained, they told me to buy a Mac 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face the same problem. Adobe please fix it ASAP. It drive me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The extra steps of having to click on a random custom size then back to the custom clipboard sizing works, but obviously not ideal when dealing with a lot of images daily. I haven't tried the Legacy workaround mentioned.

Anyway, details...

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.4.1 20220615.r.547 3121b66 x64

Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Cory (I hope I clicked on the right "Reply" button!)
Wouldn't have been intentional if it was but I just had a look and "Use Legacy New Document Interface" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate