• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not. There's no way that would be an issue with 2 different laptops on 2 different OS's, including the one I'm using now which is only 3 weeks old. This also doesn't happen on any other program, not even other Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used paste>new 1000s of times over the past year and 10's of thousands over the last 10 years. Never once has an image pasted from previous copies. This is either an OS or user error, end of story. Also, you're derailing this thread which is about the new File>New, not legacy and has nothing to do with clipboard pasting issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... given the use of the phrase "supermax capabilities" it sounds like you are a self-proclaimed "power user"[Abuse removed by moderator.] [Cursing removed by moderator.][Abuse removed by moderator.].  uninstall your "power user" applications that "increase your productivity", such as those that manage clipboard history that people seem to be so fond of, and try again.

also reset your preferences. [Abuse removed by moderator.].  back them up if they're so finely tuned to your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was brought up separately in another thread and was then merged into this one by an Adobe moderator, so talk to them about it. Neither of you are offering constructive feedback, so why don't you both refrain from offering only confrontational feedback that prolongs the response time when administrators have to read through your childish, unprofessional responses before they can help troubleshoot the issue? I have been using Photoshop for 25 years - probably longer than both of you combined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Abuse removed by moderator.]

can't replicate here.  win10, win11, also a "supermax capability" computer, on PS24.0.1.  try rolling back to PS22.2, it's still available.  that should be a couple years back in your extensive usage history where you did not experience the issue.  if you still experience it there,[Abuse removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset preferences and tried rolling back to previous versions. I even bought a new laptop thinking it was the old one. None of these suggestions resolved the issue. No one ever said it wasn't a me problem. This is an Adobe troubleshooting forum and I'm seeking assistance to resolve that problem from a professional, not [removed]. Stop responding since you have nothing meaningful to contribute.

[Abuse removed by moderator. You can use the Report button instead.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so let me make sure I'm following what you've said here:

- it was working a year ago and prior

- you have reset preferences to no avail

- you have replaced the entire computer

- you have installed a version of photoshop from a time before 1 year ago, when it was working (such as 22.2), but that did not solve the issue

if that's the case, installing an old version that previously worked should, in fact, work, provided it's photoshop that is the issue.  since the old version (that used to work) is no longer working, the reasonable and logical conclusion here is that photoshop is not the issue.

since you've reset preferences and that didn't work, it's not your special preferences.

since you replaced the entire computer and that didn't work, it's not the computer.  this is also assuming you tried to do this on a fresh install of win11 before installing any third party applications of your choice (see previous comment about uninstalling garbage "power user" apps)

what am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattl63375823 Gee! I left for ten minutes... what happened, lol! Okay, a few things I would try if this was happening to me. Quit Creative Cloud, sign out of Adobe, end all Adobe tasks from Task Manager, including background processes.  Clear the clipboard data (see screenshot for Windows 11). Reboot. Launch Photoshop from Start menu, not Creative Cloud. See if the problem persists. When you have more time, do the manual Preferences reset I linked to. You can put the old preferences right back. It's just a process of elimination. When's the last time you ran the Disk cleanup tool? Make sure Windows and all your drivers are updated. If you have a Nvidia card, make sure you run the Studio, not the Gaming driver. Check your keyboard for hardware issues. I could suggest some other things but since you report the same issue across two systems, I don't think they would make any difference. Let us know how it goes!

JEL_0-1669836607491.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have been using Photoshop for 25 years - probably longer than both of you combined."

using Ps since v1 here and a professional retoucher since v2.5, so no. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, think i found the problem:

"Again, I copy a picture from the internet by right click>copy."

That doesn't always work and will depend on how the image is hosted. Sometimes you have to copy to the clipboard by taking a screenshot. An experienced power user such as yourself should have realized this by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate