• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Docking icons for extension panels, plugins, and the Adobe Plugins panel missing on Windows 10

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title pretty much says it all.  Installed 22.4 on Windows 10 today, and all the docking icons for third-party extension panels, plugins, and even Adobe's own Plugins panel are missing.  Totally blank.  The plugins listed inside the Adobe's plugins panel have their corresponding icons, but the docking icons for when these items are in a panel dock are gone.  The docking icon for the Adobe Color Theme's panel is also missing.  There may be others.  I've not checked every Adobe panel.  An icon-less panel dock is not very useful.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Thanks for reporting. This issue is fixed in the 22.4.2 update that went our early this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
120 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In conclusion: Adobe Photoshop is no longer a smart choice for amateur and professional photographers! Bye-Bye Adobe! Hello Affinity, DxO, Skylum, InPixio, TopazLabs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dramenon

If you have a fix for this issue the relaese it as soon as possible. Why you'll wait for a future update? The forums are full with angry and frustrated user. They paid their good money and got a update that's buggy.

I'm a ACP (Adobe Community Professional) and get tired of reassuring users in the Adobe Community Forum and explaining that Adobe is working on a fix. Often, ACPs are associated with Adobe and viewed as an employee of Adobe.

Mistakes can happen, but then you should fix them immediately. Adobe should show that they take their users seriously and respect them.    

BR Axel

Adobe Community Professional

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a person that has been on both sides of Forums, I understand the reaction "Seems like nothing is happening and Adobe doesn't give a ..."

Would it be helpful to understand the update process? Not sure that it would be meaningful and/or might be more frustrating to hear of all the engineering checkpoints. 

The individuals you interact with on the forums

cannot state,

without a potential legal penalty,

when a fix will be released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dramenon, but we don't need a date. We need a fix. I'm a developer myself and usually if something breaks, we just revert the PR that caused the issue. In Ps 22.4 case it should've been done the same day the 22.4 was released and 22.5 should've been introduced which basically should've been the 22.3.1 clone. Legal issues have nothing to do here - PMs f-ed up big time and they don't even try to fix the already 3 weeks ongoing situation. I really don't get it why it takes months (yes, that's not the first time this happens) for Adobe to revert a release.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand bugs can happen. However the latest versions of photoshop always had problems. Tools suddenly stopped working in new updates. Basic things you use a lot like healing, liquify and others. Editing in 8 bit was fine but 16 bit wasn't.

What I don't understand is these things are released! These means software isn't tested as it should be. What are beta users for? Seems these  people are not taken seriously. Is there any beta testing?

When a lot of people warn about broken functionality you still have this buggy version "released" and online without warning people! We install the latest version thinking everything will work well but it doesn't. Always I need to do roll backs. When you see 22.4.1 then you think the ".1" is the fix but it isn't.

Don't get me wrong. I love photoshop. It's the best photo editor but if one day other software will have the same possibilities as Photoshop people will switch when this kind of adobe behavior continues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a CC and Raya Pro user, this fix cannot come soon enough. I rolled back to get the icons back and will be anxiously awaiting a patch or update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really important,
I don't do any updates just because there is this error.
I'll see if they fix it in I follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here however the mouse tip over the blanked icons shows the extension name and the panel appears and functions normally.

Untitled2-3caaec1f-c56b-4cb0-824c-cbf9d5aad64d-1209470400.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have all my icons gone?

Long time passing.
Long time ago.
Adobe updates nicked them every one.
Oh, When will they ever learn?
Oh, When will they ever learn?

With apologies to Pete Seeger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the problem fixed?
Is anyone using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zafer Kurtaran

No the problem is not fixed. Apparently it will be fixed in a future update.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.4.2 updated today 8th June. Problem fixed by Adobe for Win10 users but no direct mention of it unless you look at Adobe fix problem site. It says UXP & CEP panel thumbnail missing fixed! I'm really pleased it has been fixed but I think they handled it badly. A bit of humility from Adobe would have helped! In the end, Adobe has listened to customers' reports but a progress update would have been more appropriate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes It's (finally) fixed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yaaay! I am so happy that the latest update 11.4.2 has fixed the problem with Docking Icons! Not only that, we can revert to the legacy Save As workflows! 

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. This issue is fixed in the 22.4.2 update that went our early this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rosa hmm.. it really looks like it's worth updating. Let's examine it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zafer

I'm really happy with this update.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rosa Thanks for mentioning the legacy Save As option. I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise, but I'm so glad to have the old options back as the new requirement to click on "save a copy" for certain formats was very frustrating. Definitely glad the plug-in icons are back too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dinomight  You're welcome!

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JeffreyTranberry So sorry, but I'm at 22.4.3, and I still don't see any plugins from Topaz.  Is there some 'accommodation' piece of code that we can run to fix this?  If I have to re-install modules from topaz or DZO to get a plug-n connection through the filters, each one needs to run overnight (slow internet, but it works), and it is really a pain in the altogether to have to get out, go to the other software, save, come back to PS CC, do further editing, etc.  I'm 80, and I haven't got that much time to waste.  Seems as though there should, by this time, be an automated piece of software that would establish the plugins from other software companies.  Thanks, Alice

Votes

Translate

Translate