• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export via PDF Presentation, it reverses the order of pages from what's displayed in the dialog

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I
drag & drop a PDF file into Photoshop , the page order will be like 5,4,3,2,1 so you have to put them in order ONE-by-One  ... that's a problem when you have like 500
pages  ...
it's in the PDF presentation menu
When you'd like to create a Multi-page PDF... it should be an option to put the imported PDF pages in the right order. The right order would be like 1,2,3,4,5.....etc.

Somebody has the same problem in 2014 on your forum. Even R_Kelly couldn't aswer it :D:D Check it:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1526111?start=0&tstart=0

"in Photoshop cs6, I am working on a multipage pdf catalog. When I import or open the pdf in Photoshop, it reverses the order of page. for example: Page 4, Page 3, Page 2, Page1. And when i batch>automate pdf presentation, it save the pages in the wrong order. How do i get it to open and batch pdf presentation in the right order?"

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
27 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can repro. I'll see if this is something we can improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been changed to load in the preferred order. Please try this out in CC 2017: http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2016/11/keep-creating-a-guided-tour-through-the-latest-photoshop-up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I choose the sort option in CC 2018. But the issue in PDF is in wrong order. The last page becomes the first page. How can I solve this Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to reproduce with PS CC 2018 19.1.2 on macOS. I use 6 images to make a 6 page PDF and it was in the correct order.

What OS are you on? How many pages are in your PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HUGE MISTAKE! = Photoshop CS6 reverse page order
when you Automate > create a .PDF presentation or
when you work with Batch, Actions

For example:
Drag and drop a .PDF file (has example 100 pages) into Photoshop CS6
and select the pages (for example 5 pages) you'd like to import (from the 100).
(another mistake that I can't import more than around 100 .PDF pages at the same time, because it's too much tabs for opening to the software...)
Now you have the .PDF pages (10 pages) imported into Photoshop CS6.
Let's say now you want to create a .PDF presentation as a multi-page .PDF document from these opened 10 pages.
You go to File > Automate > PDF Presentation...
And if you call in the opened 10 pages to the list... you will see that Photoshop does not care about the order,
so your list will not look like this >   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
it's going to be something else like >    5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 7, 8, 9, 10
which is very annoying when you have like 500 pages in your .PDF file.
It's obvious that you will not put your 500 pages into the right order ONE-by-ONE.
It should have an option to set the pages into the right order by file name or the imported number of pages or SOMETHING.

This is a very amateur mistake that I wish will be changed in some next versions.
I don't know about the other versions. I only know CS6 version.
Try it with CS6 or try it with your actual version, but not only with 10 pages. Try it with a 200 page .PDF file.
You will see that it won't be in order (your tabs). Until a number of pages it keeps the order and above a number it does not for some reason. And it is very amateur to put them in order one-by-one...
I don't know if it's the same thing with inDesign and all the other softwares, but please change this mistake, because it's a very needed basic function, and way too amateur for a professional software to make it this way.
It is the same mistake when you work with Batch and run an Action... because you have your tabs opened in Photoshop CS6 in a REVERSED order, and so when you work with Batch and run your Action your images will be in the WRONG order too.

Amateur mistake from a professional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem does not exist in my PS 2015 version. I've just installed 2019 and it again creates PDF presentations in reverse file name order.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in PSE 2019, so the bad code still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just click the Sort By Name button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work with Sort by Name either

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, it will load them in the right order if they are in jpg format but if I use pdfs it collates them backwards even after using Sort By Name or even sorting them manually. They appear in the correct order in the browse window but automate backwards.

I could use jpgs or reorder the pages backwards to fix it, but with the first option I lose the capacity to have selectable text and links in my pdf, and the latter is clearly no solution for the long term, as I put together a magazine every month and having to reorder my print ready PDFs so I can make a digital copy is really time consuming (not to mention explaining to my boss that Adobe Photoshop is the reason I need to take longer to give them a digital file when the magazine is already post proofs makes me look... Well. Like a liar.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a test PDF with the first seven pages in PDF form, in order to show you the issue is easily replicated when using PDFs instead of jpgs.

As you can see, 1.PDF has become page 7 of 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry why not type your message in reverse and then give the reader a button to press to put it in the right order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the title of this topic. The issue now is Export is opposite of order displayed in the dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a way! In automate PDF > output options > instead of multi page document, select PDF presentation and then in Presentation Options, uncheck "advance at X seconds". It created a PDF in the correct order. I don't know the exact names because my PS is in BR Portuguese, but I guess this is accurate. Hope I helped anyone. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just save as Presentation (with "advance every X seconds" unchecked) instead of a multi-pagered document! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just save as Presentation (with "advance every X seconds" unchecked) instead of a multi-pagered document! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening in Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.3.1 20210406.r.122.

I sort by name and it's correct there but when you hit save it saves them all in reverse order. I have also tried the suggestion of saving it as a presentation. Same issue.

Hard to believe this issue has been around so long without an actual fix. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but That doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lance023 *natef After getting nowhere for a while with Photoshop, I realized why this isn't really an issue they care to address -- I purchased a subscription to Adobe Acrobat. Now my pdfs compile in order but there are visual issues with the compression of the images even if I unclick "optimize" options in Acrobat. However, if you do not have any significant visual elements (namely overlapping text of the same color will create a "negative space" white area where the letters overlap) I recommend switching to Acrobat as at least you won't have to manually reorder your 50-100 page documents like I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate