• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Full Screen Mode bug? Images is off screen

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I toggle between open Photoshop documents in Full Screen Mode (to view them centered etc) the images and canvas are off screen. I can only see a part of the image and canvas. Images is also cropped.

So I'm not able to view the images fully centered to compare them or even view them in Full Screen Mode. I use this feature a lot.

Is this a known bug and is there a fix?

Regards,
Patrik

Photoshop 21.2.3
Mac mini (2018)
Eizo CG2730 Monitor
Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

Screen20200930-0e31a7e5-7cfc-436a-a91e-074f50a6ae42-162612759.pngScreen20200930-0e31a7e5-7cfc-436a-a91e-074f50a6ae42-162612759.png
Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Thanks for reporting this bug. Toggling is a known issue that we recently fixed. Will be fixed in the next release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

When a few documents are open, entering the full screen mode (F) and flipping between documents using the shortcut Cntrl + ~, the full screen display breaks. i.e. Some black bars show up, cropping the displayable area of the screen…

Pressing Tab to display the palette will refresh the interface and get rid of the artifact.

Would be great to be able to flip through documents while in full screen mode like in the previous versions.  

Photoshop 2020 21.2.4

Mac Pro (2019)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Thanks.

-Berube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me all the time, on two different computers, 10.14 and 10.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. Have never had this problem before. /P

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this bug. Toggling is a known issue that we recently fixed. Will be fixed in the next release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is good news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Sympa 

Hi, This is not fixed in the 21.2.4 Release. Not implemented yet?

Regards,

Patrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will be in Release 22.0 - apologies for the confusion and thank you for verifying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you Sympa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded 22.0.0 yesterday and ran it for the first time today. When opening any file in tab mode the image is off the top of the screen and not seen. When I try to drag it down using the Pan command it simply pulls the image off of the canvas and when I let go the image disappears off the top of the screen again. This is with jpegs, pngs, nef, etc. I finally could see the whole image and edit it when I pulled the image off the tab bar and went to window mode. That seems to work fine.

This is the first time I have even had a problem with a new release of PS. 

Is there a fix?

Mark Beers

MacBook Pro 2019

Mac OS 10.15.7 - Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be my problem as well following the upgrade to 2021 - turning the graphics processor off seemed to remove the problem, but this then creates laggy rendering of the image overall.

Macbook Pro 10.14.6  2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice post. Information will be helpful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac Version of PS CC 22 release the standard size comes up leaving half the file not visible.  F does not work. I have to go to view>Screen mode>Full Screen mode with tool bar.  Is there anyway to make this a preference instead of having to correct each time I bring in a new image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have discovered is that this bug seem most prevalent when Window/Application Frame  is checked. When I uncheck that, and uncheck Photoshop/Preferences/Workspace - Open documents as tabs (check box empty) then my images open in their own windows on screen and pressing F works just fine. The key for me seems to be having the Application Frame un-selected so everything just floats on the screen. This is not the way that I like to work, but until Adobe addresses this I guess it will have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue with the “Full Screen Bug” continues and it does not appear that Adobe has either noticed or is working on a fix. At least there is no mention here of anything going on to address this. Opening Creative Cloud this morning there appeared to be an update to PS and the system downloaded and installed it. However - it is the same PS v22.0.0 that was installed previously, so there has been no change in the full screen behavior in Tabs.

To reiterate - When opening images in Tab Mode on my my MacBook Pro, OS X Catalina, the image is totally off the top of the screen and cannot be seen. When I try to zoom in on the image is appears briefly before disappearing off the top again. The only way that I can see and image to work on it is to drag the tab off the tab bar and make it a window. Then it works fine. So I have set my Preferences so that all images open in a window. This bug apparently only exists in Mac OS X and not Windows 10. I have both types of machines and Windows 10 appears to work just find. Issues with Neural Filters, but that would be for another post.

Adobe - is there a fix coming for this inability to edit images in Tab Mode in Mac OS X Catalina, and the coming Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Today I downloaded PS 2021 v 22.1. ...

MAC OS/macbook pro

What's going on Adobe? How do I make this work?

THanks,

GAK59

ScreenShot20201231at6.32.04pm-01e89e2e-a5c0-412d-b416-c51f8bf464e0-1566704735.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. The Photoshop images are OK if the window is a certain size (smaller than full screen) but when I enlarge them to full screen either horizontally or vertically, a big chunk of the image disappears. It comes back when I reduce the window size.

ScreenShot20210112at6.24.31PM-fd9f2777-ea6d-437c-be86-f0a9a177557a-1488537326.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, yes exactly the same issues occurring for me on 22.1.1 but does now appear to be intermittent which I suppose is a step in some direction.

Amazes me such an issues are not resolved when previous releases of PS where fine in Full Screen. 

*Sympa is there any response to the previous posts please. It's been quiet since October from Adobe and we're still having these issues!

Thanks in advance and optimism 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a regular user of this forum. Does anyone from Adobe look in and advise on timescales?  As it has been many months since I typed in my symptoms they've still been taking my tenner and not fixing this for what seems to be a significant number of people. So how do we get their attention?  It remains a nuisance on my Macbook Pro with 16gb ram...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll just add my own experience to this thread as it has just started to happen for me, after updating to 22.2.0. It took a frustratingly long time to work out what the workaround was (i.e. don't use full-screen), as unfortunately I didn't find this post until later on.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad luck Edward, I've got so used to the workaround and the silence from the people I'm paying monthly that I assume this is the new normal.  Adobe keep sending me satisfaction surveys so there's evidently no fix coming anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I noticed that when PS is fullscreen, it does not appear as a Space in the OS, unlike my other full-screen apps. My theory now is that Adobe is using a proprietary windowing system for PS, like in Adobe Air (if that still exists?), and this system simply doesn't play nicely with OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not fixed… i'm using 22.3.1 and still have these problems. But only when a second screen is detected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug has not been remedied. I still have my image half off the screen and have to toggle to full screen to view the full image and then exit out of it to do anything else. Please let me know the solution, this issue is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy231414083ljb It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, however, 99% of the time the entire screen goes black.  I zoom all the way out or all the way in and no image is shown on screen.

System info:

Adbobe Photoshop v. 22.3.1

Macbook Pro 16-inch, 2019; MacOS Big Sur v. 11.6

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Please assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate