• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Guides - VERY laggy when dragging guides

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the toolbar is between the ruler and the destination of a vertical guide, the guide lags *very* slowly behind the cursor, and the beachball spins while the guide crawls towards the point where it's dragged. Dragging below the toolbar, or moving the toolbar to the right avoids the bug. Mac, not unique to one machine. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
17 Comments
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like the classic visible rulers bug that has been plaguing the app for years now. If you hide the ruler, does the issue go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It goes away because I can no longer drag a guide from the ruler if it's hidden 😉 I've always used the rulers to create guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! As a temporary workaround, did you try ALT+dragging from the horizontal ruler, to avoid the toolbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that does work. Now I just need to overcome 20+ years of habit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, as I said, temporary workaround...

Glad to hear it somehow helps, despite muscle memory...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever changed the guides feature in PS 22.3.  I don't know what the little kids did... but they screwed it up royally!  PLEASE US THE ADAGE "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!  Sliding a guide used to be easy from the horizontal or vertical ruler... not anymore!  Fix it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, From an enduser perspective, I can understand, but sometimes you need to perform work because of ageing Operating System APIs, or to be able to work with tomorrow's technologies. OpenGL is almost dead, soon DirectX or Metal will be the only way to work with GPUs... So plumbing work needs to be done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in our next update, coming very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for fixing this.  In the future... please don't fix what is not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rulers fixed. Pen tool only showing points and no connecting path unless work path is present, still busted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's getting to be a little terrifying like Reagan when he seriously joked "We're from the government and we're here to help". 

Kinda beginning to sound like Adobe "We at Adobe have an UPGRADE for you and your life will be much better!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*kerrymaxwell That's a separate issue which I think is captured here (and something we're working on fixing right now): https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fixed in 22.3.1.  I understand your frustration @nolan_conley and it is not our intention to break things things that aren't broken or as you state "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  Unfortunately in software development, sometimes fixing a bug in a separate part of the app can have adverse affects on other parts - that was exactly the case with this issue.  

We've been doing the best we can over this last VERY challenging year to continue to both add value and fix bugs but have unfortunately introduced a few nasty regressions which we've been working hard to fix.  All I can do is apologize and keep working hard to make Photoshop better.  I'm one of many at the company who share the same sentiment.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I do wish you well as I use Photoshop on a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chad_rolfs I really appreciate this comment. Over the past couple of years, I've gone from decades-long Photoshop evangelist to downright Adobe despiser. One of the primary reasons for that was simply the lack of Adobe staff comments such as yours. 

I've been stuck using PS 20.x.x for the past couple of years because of the drastic performance degradation in subsequent versions. Over that time, I've trawled this space for fixes, only to find dozens of other people in the same boat, many with high-end machines like me, with a wide range of hardware represented (PC/Mac/AMD/Nvidia/etc), all of whom have watched Photoshop performance grind to an unusable halt for no explicable reason. I don't use the term "unusable" as hyperbole - I've seen multiple reports of simple tasks taking dozens or hundreds of times longer than before (eg. panning the canvas taking 20 seconds where it used to be near-instant)

The one thing I have not seen, until now, is an Adobe staff member acknowledge that yes, there are frustrating regressions at play. That there's a little more to the picture than just some small isolated blips on an otherwise faultless well-oiled machine.

It can't be easy to manage such a large, old, and feature-packed program at the best of times, let alone in a rapidly changing computing ecosystem of diverse and overlapping platforms, where you simultaneously need to remain an industry standard for professionals while appealing to a growing mass of more casual users. For all the anger that is expressed on these pages sometimes, I think most people understand the difficulty of the situation, and don't expect miracles. 

Though an honest acknowledgement that certain core functions are compromised and need to be fixed, no matter how brief, goes a long way. It reduces the feeling that those of us who have been screwed by Photoshop's recent troubles are banging out heads on the wall while Adobe remains oblivious or disinterested. 

It wouldn't have taken much effort to make the comment you made, but it brings a little sanity  to the table. It helps customers feel validated, sends the message that Adobe is actually aware of what's happening, and rekindles the hope that Adobe will eventually look at these problems in good faith. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @davidbleja

Votes

Translate