• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Keyboard focus is lost when working with individual channels in curves - Windows

Guide ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit curves and am in the RGB channel, after moving the point on the histogram, I can confirm the correction (enter) or cancel it (esc).

When I select any other channel, the (enter) and (esc) keys stop working. In this case, to confirm the names, i must first click on the window, or on the OK button 😭

Video example:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.1.0 20211208.r.143 83e47c5 x64

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Thanks @jazz-y I can reproduce. I'll have the engineers investigate this.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jazz-y I can reproduce. I'll have the engineers investigate this.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that happening before 23.1? If not I wonder if it has anything to do with new event being logged by Script Listener when you leave / return to Photoshop:

sTT = stringIDToTypeID;
(dsc = new ActionDescriptor())
.putBoolean(sTT('active'), false/*true*/)
executeAction(sTT('hostFocusChanged'), dsc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the problem was earlier, but I did not pay attention to it until 23.1.

When working with curves (both in RGB and in separate channels) this event is not registered. However, if in the process of working with curves we make another application active and then return to Photoshop, then the curve editing window becomes active and works as it should (in this case, after registering an event with editing curves, the event that Photoshop has become active is also registered)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the palette is open and you leave from / return to Photoshop the event is not registered to the log, but what's very interesting it is catched though. I mean if you have open Curves palette and you go out Ps to be back, then you check the log of ScriptListener there is of course no change. But when you close the palette, both the leaving event, and then return event are written one after another to the log before closing the palette event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate