• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Perspective Warp upside down [2023]

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an issue with Photoshop 2023, which the Perspective Warp tool makes the images appear upside down. It is only after approval that the images resume their orginal position. ie Correct way up.

What is going on?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64

[confusing typo fixed by mod]

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Engineering is looking into this issue.

As workaround, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" - Restart Photoshop.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023
Sorry everyone for the “won’t fix” confusion. We’ll set this thread to Investigating as we currently don’t have a “cannot reproduce” status we can use in the thread. This issue seems to affect older generation GPUs between 8 and 13 years old. We’ll continue to investigate but cannot guarantee a fix for this one will come for older GPUs. Affected GPUs posted in this thread so far:
  • NVIDIA
  • GeForce GTX 680
  • GeForce GTX 780
  • GeForce GTX 960M
  • Nvidia Quadro K1200
  • Quadro K620
  • Quadro M1000M
  • AMD
  • Rade
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is just a recap to this thread for those that don't have time, energy or interest to read it all.

This Bug seems to be activated only on some older GPUs, I have Windows 10, i7-6920, Quadro M2000M 4GB, and I can see the bug.

There are the following workarounds identified:

- Downgrade Photoshop to 24.0.X (works perfectly but you need to downgrade)

- Enable the "Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)." from Photoshop settings. (Works, but is a bad advice because it causes Photoshop to use software rendering and is too slow)

- Add an empty (white) layer mask to the layer you are going to warp. (Works just perfectly!)

So we can clearly see that the problem is not about "older hardware" or any GPU physics at all, it is just an error made (aka. bug), probably when introducing other changes in 24.1.X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PacoD At the beginning under the first post is Category & Topics. This is the only bug I've found with "won't fix"

E9AD5ABE-E85A-4165-9664-97633B41DE3C.jpegBugs list filter. Check out other bugs status

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?sort_by=-topicPostDate&filter=location&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas tardes.

Tengo un error, cuando quiero deformar un elemento con la herramienta deformación de perspectiva, despúes de haber configura la opcion composición, cuando le doy a la opción deformar, el elementos se gira, boca arriba e imposibilita deformar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@28340442goxr 
Hola.
El problema ha sido identificado y reportado. La incógnita es que no le sucede a todos los usuarios suscritores de PsCC por igual. Es un misterio total.
Para eludir el problema y poder utilizar la herramienta deformación (Warp Tool) puedes aplicar una de tres soluciones siguientes:
1. Instala (cualquier) versión previa de PsCC, o sea 24.0.1 por ejemplo,  y a esperar a ver cuándo Adobe corrije el problema y así poder actualizar a la última versión.
2. Elige en 'Preferencias' (sección 'Technology Previews') según la imagen a seguir. Aunque corrige temporalmente el problema, no es recomendable por que afecta el rendimiento de PsCC.

OmprakashGavade_0-1673524726438.png

3. Aplica una máscara en blanco a la capa en la cual se encuentra el elemento que deseas deformar (según te muestro en la imagen abajo). Utiliza la herramienta deformación; verás que funciona normalmente. Luego de aceptar la deformación puedes eliminar la máscara sin afectar el resultado de la deformación.

mask.jpg
¡Suerte!
Paco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't fix!!Cool!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry everyone for the “won’t fix” confusion. We’ll set this thread to Investigating as we currently don’t have a “cannot reproduce” status we can use in the thread. This issue seems to affect older generation GPUs between 8 and 13 years old. We’ll continue to investigate but cannot guarantee a fix for this one will come for older GPUs. Affected GPUs posted in this thread so far:
  • NVIDIA
  • GeForce GTX 680
  • GeForce GTX 780
  • GeForce GTX 960M
  • Nvidia Quadro K1200
  • Quadro K620
  • Quadro M1000M
  • AMD
  • Radeon R7 200 Series
 >> Current workaround for this going forward is to use Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert  disagree with your best fix enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)”  it is not. It slows Ps down unacceptably!
The best fix is to add a blank layer mask to the layer being warped then this problem does not occur.

Question : how is adding a layer mask fix GPU related? Asked this before and never got an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this thread is constantly being filled with misinformation, now lets try to keep this clean, please! The older GPU mode advice is bad and misleading, I don't think that mode does much more than shuts the GPU renderin completely off, it does not enable any "old mode" at all if you ask me.

This Bug seems to be activated mainly on some older GPUs, I have Windows 10, i7-6920, Quadro M2000M 4GB, and I can see the bug. Also, these are not 8-13 years old GPUs but it still seems still to affect some older  GPU models, and yes I don't think this is about the GPU at all because the code that is used to render stuff in Photoshop is using different libraries provided by Microsoft and Others, so unless there is some sort of code in photoshop that specifically looks for GPU manufacturing date to cause this, it should work just fine.

The only fully working workaround is this:

- Add a blank (white) layer mask to the layer you are going to warp. And yeah, you can still use the layer mask, it just has to be there to avoid flipping the layer.

So we can clearly see that the problem is not about "older hardware" or any GPU physics at all, it is just an error made (aka. bug), probably when introducing other changes in 24.1.X.!!! The Older GPU mode is the worst advice you can give anyone, so please stop there please, thanks!

And also my opinion that I must say here: I hate posting bugreports like this on a messy and un-userfriendly community thread, I would appreciate if Adobe would revert back to a professional approach regarding it's customer communications and service! (It would probably be easier to debug things like this with a customer that you have working connections with, instead of posting on a messy open-sourcish community thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bij transformatie verdraaien en bij marionet verdraaien, spiegelt het beeld verticaal. Als er eerst een selectie van gemaakt wordt, dan kan de functie wel gebruikt worden zonder dat het eerst spiegelt. Ik ben leerkracht, heb dit probleem bij 3 cursisten, bij de rest werkt de functie normaal. Alle gereedschappen herstellen heb ik ook al geprobeerd. Iemand die een oplossing weet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙈 It's in PS...

Outlook voor Android downloaden<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screenshots?

I suppose you tried to reset the preferences?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooie avond. I'm merging your post with the main topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia Quadro K1200 is also affected by this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erro phot.jpg

hello everyone, when I put puppet in my ps inverts the image upside down as soon as I click on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my GPU is not listed and it is not too old MX 110 it also not supported and prespective warp giving issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.jpg

It is not old but not supporting correctly prespective warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's from 2017 so I guess it's old enough, my M2000M is from 2015, and I would not call it too old either. I hope this gets fixed on next update although the adding blank layer workaround works quite well, and this isn't that of a big deal currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it work soon , I am using now by selecting old GPU older than 2016 in technology privew settings. I don't understand about blank layer, kindly explain more. 
Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ManjotSingh 
Hi.
From what others have mentioned, checking the box, "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)", may slow down rendering, even tho' it works quite well to circumvent the annoying bug currently affecting the Warp Tool.
You may also opt to revert to a previous version of PsCC for the time being, that is until a fix is implemented at which time you can then update to the latest version senza bug.
It appears that the better option to circumvent the bug is: 1) Apply a (blank) mask to the layer on which you intend to use the Warp Tool; you're not going to mask anything, of course. 2) Use the Warp Tool as desired. 3) Delete the mask .. or not; I choose to delete it, just because it does not affect the resulting warp.
Below is a screenshot to illustrate the application of the mask:

mask.jpg
Hope this helps

Paco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only sensible answer to the problem at hand. Congratulations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bartlomiej0D4C 
Thanks but can't take credit; it was a team effort by community members.

Votes

Translate

Translate