• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.3 is slow and heavy

Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Photoshop version is very slow.

(It was fast and accurate until version PS 21.0.3, and the problem began after that)

1. Hand tool(=press space bar) and move area is slow (ofcousre disable panning)

2. liquify zoom(There is a delay once when zooming in more than 50%. Unconditionally, Version 21.0.3 is smooth no lag)

3. layer toggle visable slow (Ctrl + ,) its React one beat slower. (This part until version PS2015.5. 2015.5 is really fast and smooth everything. Check this.....)

I don't know why if I have to pay my monthly subscription and work harder.

Some say. Don't update it unconditionally, report people's reactions.

Yes. i do, and i did.
Always leave the previous version and update to the latest version. But I always use the previous version. It is now 2022. Until when should my working environment stay in 2015.5 Photoshop or 2020 Photoshop?

I've done dozens of reinstallations, and I've done dozens of computer formats. Regardless of the type of computer, this was a problem with the Photoshop version. It wasn't even a plug-in problem.(disable native canavs thing is already try... 😃 )

It's not abut my pc. 
I tested it on everyone's computer I know and I got the same conclusion.
(Ryzen5600x, 5900x, intel 12900k, imac, m1 mini ... etc all the same)

CHECK this , and fix Please. How many more years should I wait...?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 131 Replies 131
131 Comments
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Standard mode always felt like the frame was limited.

I am a Huion user, not a Wacom, but that happens when I zoom in on myself. Honestly, it's kind of annoying. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My monitor is ASUS ProArt Display PA279CV. and window10 20h2.

The two problems you presented in the thread are quite old in my experience.

In particular, the feeling that the FPS in fullscreen-standard mode are different is a problem that cannot be denied by long-time Photoshop users.

I expected that the options of overscroll or flick panning would show a significant difference, but it was not related to that. There is a clear difference between the two modes. Full screen mode is very smooth.

One thing you can infer is that in standard mode you see a scroll bar. And I think the scroll bar is causing a delay or a break. This is because it is different from the scroll bar, but there is also a delay when activating the ruller on the canvas. So here's what I think. Like when you turn on the ruller, it seems to slow down a lot when the scroll bar is in the screen.

And the part about Wacom that you mentioned is not just about Wacom tablets. I've used tablets from various companies, and as soon as I zoomed in with a pen, that's what happened to any product.

What I want to say is that it is true that you experience and feel uncomfortable. And I've been through it and I sympathize with it' I hope this will be fixed soon, but... Well, I don't know if Adobe will confirm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same to me. This needs fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jqqerry, sorry you are having issues.  A couple things to try:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert  Hi CoryShubert. As I wrote in the text, I have already tried the two solutions you suggest and have informed you that there is no improvement.(Multithreaded Compositing,GPU Compositing).
I've already tried all Adobe solutions that can change the Photoshop settings. I've done everything I can myself, so I'm confident that this is a bug, and I'm asking for a bug fix like this.

Looking up, there are people who go through the same phenomenon as me. Our team members are having a hard time because of the same bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These delays need to be improved. It's so hard. The screen even blinks when you brush stroke.

I think Photoshop itself is broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point, I thought again about the situation that occurs while photoshop.

In the past, I thought a lot about creativity, actually expressing it, and increasing work efficiency.

But now, One "challenge" that patiently breaks through these delays and lags accounts for most of my workflow.
Many people in this thread are now reporting on "delay" and I agree with most.

We don't know about programming, but there is one certainty. Compared to old Photoshop (especially old versions such as CS5,6 and cc2015), current Photoshop is very heavy.

Various people from various fields want to start Photoshop and have a good experience. Or there are people who are already doing it as a means of doing it.

But almost everyone feels that the end of the experience is questions and stress, "Why is it so slow and frustrating?"

If Adobe's program is free, we'll just use it and live with this inconvenience, but they're offering a subscription model and the actual latest version (now 23.3.2) is unavailable.

There are many posts on the Adobe community and there are many reports on various bugs, but this thread really seems to need Adobe to observe carefully and correct them as soon as possible.

- As a longtime fan of Adobe and a longtime personal Consumer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my hand tool is broken. when press hold space bar and move area on image, too delay. something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to so many performance issues with Photoshop 23.3.2 is the use of the spot healing tool.

See ny attached file. I select the tool, then utilize it to heal but the "black" mark does not disapper until I select another tool.

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.15.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. Adobe need to let us know if the development team is fixing it or if the code itself cannot be fixed unless it is redeveloped. A lot of people are suffering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Praying for this delay to stop has become a routine. lol..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2019 & latest installed. Latest is absolutely horrible and I don't even bother with it. I use 2019 on Win 7 (I do pay a sub and not just a filthy pirate and not advocating piracy here. I'm hoping Adobe can use this to improve PS somehow so that it's not a misery to use on 'modern OS'.) because Win 10 gives me eyestrain after a while and everything feels better on 7 which is sadly no longer supported. The Win 7 version I use has had Creative Cloud removed and it is honestly butter smooth when painting, arranging UI, liquifying, loads in about 3 seconds etc. etc. It's honestly night and day between 2019 on Windows 7 and 10. Then it gets even worse when it comes to the latest version on Win 10. The latest version is practically unuseable. I'd need to invest in stress balls if I had to use it for extended periods.

Hope this helps Adobe but as you can see there is a clear and steady decline in the quality of your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though many people voted for an important defect in Photoshop, doesn't Adobe tell us about the repair plan?... 

I like Adobe's products, but we are paying customers. I don't know how much I have to understand and endure. Please let me know the progress of whether the bug or delay is being fixed so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't Adobe answer this thread? This is the most important question........
Should I try installing the beta version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone told me to install the old version (2018~2019) and I've used it like that. But since 2020, I've never installed the latest version and used it properly. Until when should I keep the old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I say to my team members the most.

"Do not use features related to photoshop selection(Subject selet, Select and Mask)"

"It's slow, but it can't be helped. That's how Photoshop is today. Just Wait."

"Save it every 15 seconds, not every time you think of it"

From the point when Refine edge was changed to Select and mask, the functionality related to selection was broken, and frequent freezing or crashes were often caused by difficulties during projects.

And the biggest solution I've ever experienced was not to use those functions. Skilled retoucher can make good choices without the function.

I couldn't help saying wait. Because I provided the team with the best specification among the computers on the market, and I realized that it was not a computer problem because there was the same delay even though I used both Windows and Mac. So I could only say wait if there was a delay.

The same is true of saving frequently. I tried all the solutions that Adobe suggested and much-known ones, but I couldn't leave it to chance from the already buggy version. So the only solution was to store it directly as often as possible as a safety device.

I will continue to tell my team members as I have told them. But I'm curious.

I honestly don't know why we can't use normal functions, have to be anxious that Photoshop won't turn off, and feel like we're gambling in our working environment.

I don't want much. I want the stability of functions related to the improvement and selection of the delay.

Please refer to the 2017-2018 version of Photoshop for the standard of delay bugfix. The "speed-boosting" that a lot of people say that.

And for the stability of the selection function, you can fix the bug and freezing based on the time before "Refine Edge" changes. That was the most stable time.

I ask Adobe from the bottom of my heart. I'd like to use "photoshop".

Not only me, many users of Adobe really want to "use" Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I feel a frame rate difference between full screen mode and standard mode? In standard mode, it is as slow as a failure.

I have a 60 Hz monitor and two 144 Hz monitors and tested them on both monitors. But I don't think it's a problem with the frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote it down on other threads, but because of these bugs and delays, I paid $7,000 for a computer upgrade. This is not fair. If performance had improved, it would have been a satisfactory expenditure, but I'm not happy because there's no change.

I also saw the article that it's a problem with the photoshop version. We can downgrade it, but then why is Photoshop 2022 currently on sale? We're using it in the form of a monthly subscription, not free... Adobe needs to fix the serious problem quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's vote until Adobe responds. These are serious problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am using Photoshop 2017. I hope next year's version will be fast and stable. Until when do I have to use the 2017 version?

The latest version of Photoshop is like photoshop from an old tablet. Feels like a high-performance computer is working with a mobile processor.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe not answer on purpose? Even if it's hard to improve right now, they usually tell me what's planned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what's really wrong with this delay and the heavy current version of Photoshop?

Pentium Cpu, 4G RAM 10 years ago, photoshop version CS6 or CC2014

vs

12900kf cpu, 128G RAM, photoshop version cc2022

Who do you think is softer when working on the same image? Of course, it should be the current CPU, right? There's a huge difference in computers.

Interestingly, the computer of 10 years ago won. It's not even lagging at all.

The difference between Pentium and 12th generation Intel CPUs is huge. This is wrong............

When I was testing this, I thought again, in the past, I didn't feel like there was a lag when I was working on photoshop with over 10,000px of ultra-high resolution. But now, even if you work on a much smaller image with a much better computer, there's a lag.

There was no lag or delay in the past. The Photoshop itself is broken. I really need an update. Why is Adobe sitting on the sidelines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's too slow. Photoshop has been out of order ever since some time.

Why don't fix the important "delay? It's ruining our customers' fun and comfortable "photoshop experience."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

बहुत धीमा है। कृपया इसे ठीक करें

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone like me?

Most of the images work in older versions.(clone stamp, refine edge...etc)

And use the new version only when use functions like Adobe's Select Subject.

But I don't even know why I have to do this. I'm paying, and I want to write a new version...

It's too slow, and the freezing is random every time, so I have to save it frequently...😓

Votes

Translate

Translate