• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.3 opens images with everything in white color.

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Just updated my Photoshop to 23.3 version. And when I'm trying to open any RGB file - it opens with all layers colored in white color. Seems like RGB is not active at all.

IF I transfer it into CMYK - all good.

Windows 10 Home.

Below is the print screen of RGB file turned into CMYK. Cuz I was unable even to make a printscreen in RGB.

result.jpg

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

This should be fixed by the 23.3.1 update that just went out.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.3.1 which includes the fix for this issue. Please update Photoshop and share your feedback with us.

To update Photoshop to 23.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Try this: Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 448 Replies 448
448 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to preferences > performance > advanced settings and uncheck this option, restart Photoshop

2022-04-13 16_24_06-Adobe Photoshop 2022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's solved it, thanks very much,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PSDs are displaying fine when first opened. Selected image and layer thumbnails are showing.

However, as soon as any attempt to edit or show a differrent layer is attempted, all images go white. 

This is happening with any files working in 8 bit. If I covert to 16 bit, everything works normally.

Stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add that this has never happened before and I updated last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AngrySoundman 

Did you disable the GPU Compositing and restart Photoshop as in my screenshot above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who are sharing details. For anyone else experiencing the issue, please:

- Ensure your GPU drivers are up to date

- Share your system info here (launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply)

- Turn off GPU compositing as others have mentioned, if GPU driver updates don't help

For anyone who already solved the issue by turning off GPU compositing, I recommend still checking your GPU driver and letting us know if any update fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it worked, I unticked GPU compositing. Nice bug you included into your update! I spent all afternoon yesterday trying to get this fixed with a person from Adobe! Finally had to revert to the previous version. M

ust say, I wasn't happy then and am still a little perturbed! Please do not "fix" things that are not broke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

After the update I now only see a white screen when I do a simple screen capture and paste to a different layer. I can only see the image if I zoom out to 6%. How does this get through QA!?!? More often than not after an Adobe update something horrible goes wrong. Please do more testing before releasing updates! Please Please Please. This costs me time and money when trying to work. Thank you in advance for the prompt fix.  

Best Regards,

Edward Taylor

1. Newest Adobe Photoshop 23.3

2. Windows 10

3. Simple screen capture and paste

4 Expected result (Working like normal and just like the previous version of Photoshop)

Actual Result (Blank White Image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayer instalé la última versión de photoshop. Hoy estuve trabajando y abrí "tono/saturación# y hasta ahí llega el programa, me toca reiniciarlo. Qué pasa? Qué hago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg! Thank you SO MUCH! Yes it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My research tells me that Adobe introduced GPU compositing in this update. They claim you can uncheck it. 

Preferences--Performance--Advanced Settings---drop down and uncheck GPU compositing. I tried this and it seemed to work but I don't trust that fix as this update is still early and I want more data on this issue. I reverted back to 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in photoshop 2022 version. In preferences, under performance tab where it says "use graphics processor/gpu acceleration, go to advanced settings and uncheck the mark "use opencl". it worked for me. also, changing the file settings to RGB 16bit also works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. uncheck the "use opencl" mark under advanced settings (in performance settings). worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SomnioCG we apologize for any inconvenience. Many of us were professionnal customers of Adobe before joining the company and know the pain of updates.

There are many hardware configurations that can't be tested in house despite great efforts, so we depend on feedback from beta testers. GPU composting was introduced to private beta last year and public beta this year. Unfortunately this issue that is specific to certain hardware and software was never reported. I encourage any who are interested to join the beta program(s) in order to help catch edge cases sooner. Regardless, this is why the ability to disable the feature is added. With changes this large, there are bound to be some growing pains.

In any case, we empathize with the pain having been there ourselves and appreciate the feedback! Our teams are attempting to reproduce and fix this issue as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Disabling the GPU compositing solved the white layers - however still major lag in performance since update. Mouse taking a really long time to react even on extremely simple tasks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please! I'm on Windows 10. PC.

I am unable to work after updating PS to 23.3.0 today. Every action I make - i.e. new layer, no matter how, adding text etc results in PS filling the image with white. In the Layers palette I can see the added 'white' layer but it is transparent and if you turn off you still can't see the original image (background). Only way to see original image is to flatten it.  

Please help if you can and I appreciate any advise to get me back to working again.

Abigail

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is "advanced settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following steps:

1. Go to Preferences > Performance > Advanced Settings and uncheck the "GPU compositing" option. Then restart Photoshop.
  2. Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?
  3. Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?
My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anch'io stesso problema, apri un immagine e solamente usando il testo scompare l'immagine e non si vede nemmeno il testo scritto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno, ho seguito la procedura ma dopo 1 ora è tornato il problema io uso una GeForce Gt730 può dipendere dal aggiornamento non compatibile con questa scheda video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Axel - you are a genius and I am so happy!

I followed your instructions 1. and 2. and then took a look. The problem has now resolved.

Thank you soooo much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in preferences, under performance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see this in the latest (v23.3) update, try this:

Go to Preferences>Performance >GPU settings>Advanced and uncheck 'GPU Compositing'

Then click OK and close and restart Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just opened my latest updated PS platform, and any Chrome files i attempt to open in PS open with a blank white page!

Latest update was: 14th April.

Please advise...thanks, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate