• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop creates a gude log while working with files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Arbeiten mit der aktuellen Photoshop-Version hängt sich Photoshop nach kürzester Zeit auf, d.h. die Bedienoberfläche und Menüs verschwinden und ein speichern ist nicht möglich. Folgende Fehlermeldung schreibt er in die log-Datei (gude-2022-04-14.log):

[WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir helfen? Vielen Dank.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been fixed with the release of 24.2.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 500 Replies 500
500 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things: 

1. Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

2. Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are these documents ( attached: gud-2022-04-13 and gud-2022-04-15 ) that pop up when I convert 2 Photoshop artboards to separate pdfs? Thank You. A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look like Runtime error logs. Can you zip up the two gude, PDF and original PSD to share so we can try and troubleshoot? You can use CC Files or dropbox to share a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 

I just noticed this text file been created as well, it's not created if I go to File > Open in Photoshop but it happens if I double click on a PSD to open it when Photoshop is closed.

gude-2022-04-16

Here's what's in the text file

14:37:57:764 [WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Ged_Traynor Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep Windows 10, lastest build

2022-04-16 15_23_55-About Windows.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in the 23.3.1 update that just went out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! With Photoshop version 23.3.1, every time I open the application by double-clicking on an image, the same error log file is created in the folder where the image is located. I tried what you suggested but without effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WEIRD DOCUMENT WINDOW ERROR AFTER SAVING PHOTOSHOP DOCUMENT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Photoshop has been creating "gude- 2022-04-28" (depending on date) files automatically since 1-2 weeks, i dont know if it was a new update thats behind this, but i didnt change any settings on my photoshop and i work on it daily, also PS constantly started randomly glitching, that means i can still move the picture but it just starts duplicating, refuses to save and ignores any tools.
Another thing, Photoshop asked me 1-2 days ago if it can save my stuff on the cloud, maybe thats another reason it starts glitching and crashing randomly.

The content of the gude files are always the same:
18:00:07:417 [WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167
18:19:21:260 [WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167
18:19:21:816 [WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Thank you for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with the version of Windows you're working on?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,
so i tried reseting the preferences, but the problems still persist.
Photoshop version 23.3.1
Windows 10 version 21H2

Regards,
Sercan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i installed Photoshop 23.1 and all my problems are gone.
i dont know which one of the latest updates brought all the problems i had, but i'll stick to 23.1 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider ist das Problem auch mit dem Update 23.3.2 noch nicht behoben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening after installing v23.3.2 on May 10th. PLEASE fix this now. How hard can it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File content: 

13:16:10:176 [WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a server/proxy/vpn glitch somewhere on their side or along the way. Once upon a time, this kind of thing (until they fix it) was solved by swapping out the AdobeIPCBroker.exe file:

Create a 0kb txt-file at the following path, renamed with the suffix exe.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\IPCBox\AdobeIPCBroker.exe".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds nice, doesn't work. Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. This is being investigated by engineering. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 "It happens when Photoshop is offline"

That is not the case for me, I just opened a file from explorer just to test and Photoshop is online and it's still doing it.

16:40:29:586 [WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

And I'm not sure why your answer is marked as correct "being investigated" is clearly not the solution or correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das Problem des Crash von Photoshop v23.3.2 und auch v22.5.7 besteht weiterhin - Benutzung Windows11.Ebenso lässt sich Photoshop dadurch nicht schliessen und es hift nur noch das komplette runter fahren des Laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe das Problem auch. Der ganze Rechner ist voll von diesen GUDE .log Dateien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11, Photoshop v 23.3.2 - gude-yyyy-mm-dd.log saved for some time now in the image folder when opening image with double click, very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ged_Traynor, that it happens when PS is offline was information that was given to me by engineering. I've updated the jira record associated with this thread with your observations/

"Correct" answers for Issues are used to give status for Ideas and Bugs by employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of your chat customer service employee turned off one of my LAN settings found through internet options in windows. The issue shouldn't be there, but at least it's a temporary stop to creating the gude files. 

I went to my internet properties on windows then to connections then pressed on LAN settings and turned off 'auto detect settings'. Hopes this gives more info to your engineering team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate