• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop keeps crashing every time I adjust a shapes border radius

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I adjust the border radius of a shape from the shape tool the whole program decides to crash. I tried updating photoshop to the lastest version (+installing older versions) I tried updating my computer. (Currently on MacOS Monterey 12.2) and still nothing. This is happening on 2022 photoshop 23.1.1.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if that helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue – it crashes 9 times out of 10 any time I select a corner radius on a rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@k e l l i are you using the 23.2 update or 23.1.1? I'm not seeing any recent submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't see any crash reports? I've been reporting all of them for months... they are synced to my Creative Cloud. I jusr replicated it and submitted it again using my email.

It's the 23.2.0 update but has been happening for. I'm on a 2019 Macbook Pro Monterey 12.2.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I see a couple from January and an older release but none for 23.2 in February. It takes a bit of time for reports to get processed so I'll look for these new reports to come through. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the typos - it's early here, ugh. It's possible I never included my email address on the previous crash reports so they're probably in a large queue of random reports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kelli - found that one. I've asked engineering to take a look.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Strand5EC4 @k e l l i thanks for reporting this.

I'm unable to repro the crash on my machine, hence requesting more information from you.

Have you tried resetting Ps preferences > relaunching Ps > performing the workflow that crashes? Please see Sahil's comment which is the first post on this thread for more details.

If the crash persists even after resetting preferences, please share the following information:

• Is this crash document-specific or generic? In other words, does the following workflow also trigger a crash: New blank document > draw rectangle > drag corner radius
  • Does the crash happen even if GPU is disabled? This can be done via Photoshop > Preferences > Peformance > uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Then create a new document to perform your workflow.
  • Does the crash happen on linked as well as unlinked corner rounding? Unlinked corner rounding may be achieved by pressing Opt key before dragging the corner pin.
  • Does the crash happen on changing corner radius of other shapes as well (e.g. triangle and polygon)?
  • Does the crash happen on Ps 22.x?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset my preferences. I'll update here if/when it happens again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rajneeshc68428823 Hi – I just reported a new crash using the tool after resetting my preferences.

• This is the workflow where it happens: Create a rectangle --> Click on radius corner to curve in or out
  • It still crashes if the GPU is enabled or disabled. 
  • The crash happens on linked and unlinked corner rounding.
  • So far the crash only happens on a rectangular tool. Haven't tested it on other shapes.
    • Crash is currently happening on 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update @k e l l i.

Does this crash happen every time now or is it intermittent?

Also, you mentioned on Feb 25 that you've reset your preferences and on 01 March you mentioned about the crash; was there no crash on rectangle shape corner rounding during this period? If so, does resetting preferences resolve the crash now also?

Further, can you please share a video of the steps being performed leading up to the crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rajneeshc68428823 I recorded a video just now where it totally crashes when I click the corner radius. https://www.loom.com/share/c1e4315fa7f34c35b3892da3d5ec186f 

It doesn't happen every time - it's intermittant... so for example, I had a feeling this was going to happen, so I saved my file and then decided to record. When I re-opened, I re-drew another rectangle to try it again and it let me.

Deleting the preference files might work for a very very short time period, but then it starts up again. I don't think that's the solution for this, otherwise we'd have to reset the preferences every other day or so. I'm in Photoshop daily, but using the corner radius a few times a week (not every day, so I can't say that the period of Feb 25 - March 1 was smooth sailing). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate