• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop liquify zoom slow werid

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop zoom is weird with delay in Liquify filter.

If i try to zoom in to more than 50%, it will take as long as 3 seconds to load the image. And then all of a sudden,  zoom in.

something wrong... This is very inconvenient. I reset the settings of Photoshop and reinstalled it. It's the same problem.

My laptop, imac is same issue. No OS problem... Photoshop version is 23.3
Fix and Help me plz =(

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Hi Everyone, 

We apologize for the Liquify issue. We have a potential fix in the Photoshop Beta build, which can be downloaded and installed independently from Photoshop, into its own ’Beta’ folder. Please try out your hardest Liquify workflows and let us know if it’s solid for you.  

With the vast configuration of computer systems running Photoshop, it’s impossible for us to replicate the wide range of behaviors on our systems here, so this fix is requiring lower-level patches that we need yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

I agree with the comments above.

Why do we have to choose while updating the version?

I've been waiting for at least two to three minutes for each task with this zoom expansion over the past few months. So when I put the time together, the time I waited for was over half ~ an hour.

But I've been happy for a few days. The delay was completely gone, and it was really fast.....

But that was the only thing that hit me, and 23.4 was a version that I couldn't use normally.

And I installed it as soon as th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4 Photoshop 23.4.1.  This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 146 Replies 146
146 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fixed in version 23.4, but there is a delay again in version 23.4.1.

The version 23.4 is not available as Adobe announced. That is why this thread should be changed to "fix in progress" instead of "fix in progress" I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Photoshop2022(23.4.1).

I updated from 23.3.2, but the delay of the liquify zoom delay was not improved.

I usually work on portrait photography. So I use a lot of liquify and zoom. I use a lot of zoom. It's very uncomfortable. How many more months should wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution at the moment is not to zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the next version be released? I'm waiting for it to be fixed every day.

23.4.1 has delay when try zooming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I solve this problem is not to Select the whole thing.

Select only the parts you need: face, hands, neck, shoulders, legs, and so on.

23.4 resolved this issue, but 23.4.1 again requires this hassle of creating a selection. They have already fixed the delay once, so it will be reflected in the next update i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss said this today.

"Why do you keep spacing out for a while while doing photoshop? Are you not working?"

Yes, He thought I was playing, not working.

I was just waiting for a delay...... 😞

I tried to roll back to 23.4 where the problem was resolved, but i can no longer revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This old bug. when fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

We apologize for the Liquify issue. We have a potential fix in the Photoshop Beta build, which can be downloaded and installed independently from Photoshop, into its own ’Beta’ folder. Please try out your hardest Liquify workflows and let us know if it’s solid for you.  

With the vast configuration of computer systems running Photoshop, it’s impossible for us to replicate the wide range of behaviors on our systems here, so this fix is requiring lower-level patches that we need your help to verify before we roll this out to everybody.

AndrewSender_0-1656360914408.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Sender  Thanks for comment.

I tested the image of 10000px by installing beta after looking at your article.

There's a lot of improvement over 23.3.2 but it still feels like it's going somewhere when it's over 50% zoom level. Need some loading.

I can't compare again because I can't install 23.4 anymore, but when I tried zooming in on the liquify when 23.4 was first released, all the problems were solved really perfectly.

I don't know how the bug about the zoom delay is fixed, but the timing?delay? I think it would be perfect if you could tighten the delay a little bit. ( don't know if that's how it's expressed.lol ).

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Sender 

Also, You can check this.

In the video PS version is PS23.5(beta).

(For your information, in that video that I just recorded, I was pressing the keyboard shortcut, zooming in, etc. constantly, or pressing zoom. I'm not deliberately zooming in slowly.)

I see a lot of improvement over 23.3.2. But you also don't feel as soft as you can see in the video. Once the loading is in progress, it will zoom in and out, otherwise it will be snapped. (Especially at zoom levels of 33% and 50%.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only keyboard shortcuts, but it's the same if you click directly with mouse or assign a zoom to the Wacom stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing @janemii !  Unless I'm mistaken, the performance in your youtube looks pretty smooth.  The first zoom is expected to take a while to load based on your GPU's bus speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Sender  Yes, the loading has definitely decreased.

But, Version 24.0 or Older Photoshop(Such ans PS2020,19,18 ~) is really smooth.

To be exact, there was no loading or delay at all.

The GPU of the computer I tested is 2070s. 

But what's certain is that there's a difference in performance depending on the GPU, but the above version that I was talking about was zooming in on older laptops without loading at all (even in high-resolution images).

24.0 version was perfect....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Sender I said ps24 = ps23.4.

I understand that there is a difference in loading depending on the graphics card in the first zoom you mentioned.

But there was no difference. What I'm talking about is this.

"Loading at the first zoom" wasn't originally there. And the loading was resolved in version 23.4, but it was re-loaded in 23.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes more delay than the YouTube video above. What is your computer? I'm using Mac Studio.

Before I bought the latest Mac, I was using Photoshop 2018 version on iMac.

I usually worked on a lot of 16 bit images of 6000x8000px.

And zoom in a lot on the liquify. The 2018 version was always loaded regardless of order, whether it was the first zoom or the second zoom.

And I bought the latest Mac Studio a while ago, and I expected my Photoshop workflow to be smoother because the specification of the equipment has improved. (Because it costs a lot)

But Photoshop 23.4.1 gives me a bad experience. There is a delay that looks like a strange loading every time open a liquify window. It makes me feel bad. I regret it, thinking that I shouldn't have spent it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ti25044456merx, have you tried backing up and resetting your preferences?  Instruction to back them up can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 23.4.1 zoom still slow on liquify.

I updated with hope, but there is still loading. (My desktop intel12900)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wait. They'll fix it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PS 23.4.1

I use both Windows Desktop(GPU3080) and MacBook Pro.

High-performance equipment, but there is a delay in the liquify zooming.

I usually used the 2019 version before. My computer is the same and the only thing that changed is the Photoshop version.

If this delay is normal, there should be a delay when zooming in the 2019 version as well. But there's no delay at all.

I want to try the 2022 version of the new features, and I pay a subscription fee every year, so I thought I could install a new version now, but it makes my workflow difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it used to be a disaster situation, it's inconvenient to use now.

I use 2021MBP(mac). PS 23.4.1

This was a pretty old delay and it's giving me a hard time. When i demonstrate in front of the client that you're going to modify a part like this, the delay that occurs when zoom in makes both me and the client feel uncomfortable.

I feel this delay more when I use the keyboard to zoom in faster.

I don't want to make this embarrassing situation any more. I hope it will be revised in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to stop experiencing the issue of liquify delay.

I paid more than $4,000 for my computer to solve this delay.

But I realized that it wasn't a computer problem.

This happens in Windows/Mac alike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cái này chậm quá. Mau sửa lại đi ạ

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

陈老师指出,Photoshop 2022版本在液化修理方面非常慢。 2018年和2019年的版本非常快。 学生们对此感到不满。 在液化修理中扩大是慢的。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's slow, but wait. Delay is hard for everyone who uses Photoshop, but the hardest thing is the Adobe team that fixes it.

There are two ways you can do it temporarily before this delay is fixed.

a) Select the area you want to work on, and then run the liquify. Then there is no problem with zoom-in-out.

b) Don't zoom in-out....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the 23.5 fixed with this Liquify zoom in-out delay be released?

It's very uncomfortable. The delay has been around since the beginning of 2022, and my working environment has been paralyzed for more than six months at a time when half of this year has passed.

At this rate, I am worried that it will be transferred to the 2023 release next year.....

Votes

Translate

Translate