Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System details:

Surface Studio 2 i7

32 g of ram

GTX 1070

Windows 11 22H2

Since updating to version 23.5, I've noticed a couple things. There seems to habe been some kind of change to how brush input is being rendered. On the plus side, it appears to have slightly reduced latency, but there is also some kind of bug causing a flickering to happen as the tiles are drawn in. Its really strange, the flickering while drawing is accompanied by it sometimes taking a step "back" in its history, only for that step to reappear as I continue to draw. I tried disabling multithread compositing to see if that was causing the issue, but it didn't make a change. Also, the same flickering behavior is there whether drawing with the pen or the mouse, so it seems to be about rendering rather than the input method.

Just to be sure, I reinstalled 23.42 and the issue was gone. Then, I reinstalled 23.5 and it was back. 

Hoping this is solved in a patch soon, because I really like 23.5 and think with this bug solved, the experience / general input latency while drawing has potentially been improved. The bug seems specifically tied to rendering input, which is encouraging because any added fluidity is a good thing while painting in Photoshop. The problem may be driver releated to my Nvidia card, or the fact that I'm running the latest version of Windows 11, but it is definitely unique to 23.5 for me.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

And with the release of 24.1 today, the flicker is officially gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mohit, to you and the everyone over there. Its nice to have this resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate