• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Starting in v 23.1.1 - keeps nagging me to save to Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying for / using Photoshop for many years (since way back to version 3 in 1996).

I don't use the Creative Cloud for saving files, and don't want to.

However, starting with version 23.1.1 whenever I create new file from an image I've copied to the PC's clipboard and then paste it into the blank PSD and Save, it now prompts me to save the file to the Creative Cloud.

The first time it popped-up (today) I made sure to put a check mark in the "Dont Show Again" box and chose "Save to your computer".

Yet it's still popping-up the "Save to Creative Cloud" prompt every time and still forcing me to make the extra step of choosing "On your computer" , every time. (Screenshot attached).

This is insanely annoying.

At first I thought hmmm... OK maybe just a glitch, so I shut down PhotoShop and restarted my PC. Problem still happens. I can't seem to find any way to change it in the settings.

Has anyone else encountering this bug? Know of a solution?

Many thanks for any input!

adobe_photoshop_v_23_1_1_bug.png

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

@whcressall – Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

You can create your own action or script to set your preferences or other settings how you wish. In an action, you need to first set the preference to be opposite of how you wish, then when you record the action it will record the change from the unwanted setting to the wanted setting. Then you can use Script Events Manager to automatically run the action or script whenever Photoshop is run.

myprefs.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out. This experience is updated now in version 23.4 & above.

Go to Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location > Set to 'On your computer' and restart Photoshop.

SameerK_0-1655741653876.png

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi everyone -- thanks for your feedback.  We've updated the preference to more accurately reflect your expectations so that if you want to default to save locally, it will always only do that and no longer "upsell" with the dialog explaining the advantages of saving to the cloud.  

Please see the updated preference under Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location and you can choose "On your computer" for the local dialog to always appear when saving a new document.  This updated experien

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Hi @BriGuyOSC , try the following 2 steps:

1. As noted from Jeff above, uncheck the "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling
2. Next, open a local file

After that point, when you create a new document and then save, the local dialog should show up for you.  When you uncheck the preference, the behavior then goes back to the previous where the dialog that shows up is based on the storage location you last opened or saved.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen, thanks for your feedback, I already tried resetting W dialogs checking don't ask for n beyond.. replying to say thanks and wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop starts with weird behavior try with preference reset https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonzy_0-1642381818992.png

Uncheck this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. Even when ticking don't show again, PS stupidly asks me where do I want to save it. And of course all the pros will ask what system you're using or ask many other irrelevant questions.

It's simple, I should be able to click on "don't show again" and when choosing the option to save to my computer, that's the option that should be saved as well. I can't believe how many hours I spend researching on how to fix glitches in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the pros will ask what system you're using or ask many other irrelevant questions.

=========

That's right.  Just like when you're sick and call to speak with a doctor.  Or make an appointment to have your TV, car or dishwasher fixed. 

All those horrible questions.  What's the WORLD coming to?!

My operating system "remembers" where I last saved files.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is relevant to this forum.

Just recently, whenever I try to Save (or Save As) a new Photoshop document, I get the "Save To Creative Cloud" dialog box, and I have to choose "on my my computer," to save it to my computer, because I don't want to save anything to "the cloud" ever. There is no "don't show again" option. Having to choose "on my computer" is a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless, adding an extra step every time I have to save something, and making me irritated. How do I never get asked to save in the cloud again?

Photoshop 21.1.1

Mac OS Big Sur 11.6

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 8.44.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your preferences and click the reset preferences button.

Restart Photoshop.

You should see the dialog box again--be sure to click Save on your computer and check Don't show again. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling... 

JeffreyTranberry_0-1644261319736.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffery! I feel really dumb for not spotting that while perusing the settings. That did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I'm back because this did not work. Not only did my settings get reset, but this stupid thing came back. Awful update. Both illustrator and photoshop are being annoying now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall current version and find previous versions of Photoshop that don't have this feature and activate them for free.

Adobe also changed "save as" and "save a copy" keyboard shortcut conventions.

These changes are counterintuitive and a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I thought I was crazy when my CTRL+SHIFT+S wasn't working as I remember. I never do CTRL+ALT+S and all of a sudden I was. My fingers did not like it. Muscle memory be damned. Thanks Adobe. 

Anyways, I'll try that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also add to the fact that a 2 year old thread has started being active again.. yikes

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me with update 23.2 and I do have "default save to creative cloud" unchecked and the box still pops up. I have tried a few times checking and unchecking the box and restarting to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a bug in the latest Photoshop update. The following locked topic -- Solved: I don't want to save PS files to the cloud! - Adobe Support Community - 10921312 -- has been having some new comments added, with people experiencing the same thing I've just started noticing:

When I do a Save As, it defaults to Save To Cloud, which I don't want. I'm trying to save to a local drive. I've already reset my preferences and I've checked the "Do not show this again" checkbox. The problem is that the checkbox is on the 2nd splash screen (the one w/ the comparison table between saving locally and saving to the Cloud) and not the very first splash screen. So while I don't get the 2nd splash screen anymore (presumably because I've checked that box), I still get the first one every time I try to save a file, which means I still have to click the "On my computer" button on the left.... Every. Single. Time.

Please fix.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BriGuyOSC , try the following 2 steps:

1. As noted from Jeff above, uncheck the "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling
2. Next, open a local file

After that point, when you create a new document and then save, the local dialog should show up for you.  When you uncheck the preference, the behavior then goes back to the previous where the dialog that shows up is based on the storage location you last opened or saved.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my update to Windows 11, Photoshop always shows the Cloud Save Dialog Popup everytime I save.

There is no "Dont show this again" Checkbox and the option in the settings to default save to cloud is off.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.2.0 20220210.r.277 189394e x64

Is there a hotfix for this bug available.

This is a no go in everyday working with PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences, this should enable to to see the option to save on your computer and don't show this again

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you, @Audrey Sousa , I had completely missed that option in the preferences.

That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled the extremely annoying Save to Cloud dialog in preferences, but after about 20 saves without incident, the dialog is returning, with no option to diable it.  [abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved an offline copy of Ps 2019 version and installed that instead. I don't see any benefit of using new versions (at least for my job), but my workflow has been a lot better without updating a perfectly working app from 2019.
Also, changing simple conventions as simple as saving files to computer in an app that updates every year makes it counterintuitive.
Don't update. Adobe just wants you to avail their cloud services as if everyone has unlimited and consistent internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no it doesn't.

*Every* *single* *new* file I get the "save to cloud" box. And I have *unckecked* the "Save to cloud" option in Preferences/File Handling. So... What is it that doesn't work?

(MacOS, latest version, PS version 23.2.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remove the new feature that asks if I want to save my file to the Adobe Cloud every time I save a new file or add an option to turn it off. It would also work to have it come up once and then remember my selection forever so it never asks again. I want to set it to always save to my computer. Can you add an option to turn this off so it stops asking me every time? If this is already available somewhere, please let me know so I don't have to do this step every time I save a new file. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate