• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Strokes appear on shapes after reopening files

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I often use rectangular shapes in Photoshop filled with a color. I've noticed that after I save a psd, close it, then reopen it, shapes I used get a black 1 px strokes which can be seen in the properties panel but they are not visible on the shapes. If I decide to change the fill color of the shape, the border appears suddenly. The problem appeared in the 22.0 version.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue was fixed in 22.1.1 which released late last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate
46 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've asked engineering to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to version 22.0.0 (Windows 10), when I create a shape without a stroke, close and reopen the document, Photoshop adds a 1px black stroke to the shape.

The stroke is not visible at first, but it is already set in the Properties pane.

It becomes visible after changing the shapes fill color (via the Options, Swatches or the Properties pane).

Example:

1. oryginal document

1oryginal-b3b060e0-ee0d-444a-8cfe-1cb4ec35c95c-1795755749.jpg
2. after reopening
2afterreopening-af9d6008-41d5-407a-a976-524ca9d95933-1292503438.jpg
3. after fill change
3afterfillchange-91e5933b-6a42-4ff0-81b5-4d76eb7d43db-1452062767.jpg
3afterfillchangecloseup-52eddb85-b031-42e4-874b-80f1279491aa-293487434.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me, as well. Every time I select a shape, a black stroke is added. Glad I'm not the only one. Began happening immediately after the update. On Mac Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me, as well. Every time I select a shape, a black stroke is added. Glad I'm not the only one. Began happening immediately after the update. On Mac Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this too. All shapes by default have a 1 pixel black stroke on, even if it didn't have one before. And making any change to that shape applies that stroke that I never asked for. Temporary workaround for now is to just be on the lookout for unwanted default strokes and turn them off before they apply themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me as well... incredibly frustrating. I hope Adobe fix this bug ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I encounter the following issue in Photoshop Version 22.0.0:

Photoshop is enabling Stroke Properties on it's own when you create a Smart Object from a Shape Layer.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a Shape Layer in a new image using the rectangle tool. Set 'Fill' to any color and Stroke to 'No  Color' / Stroke Width to 0
    Create a Smart Object from this shape layer.
    Double Click to edit the Smart Object
    -> Stroke Properties on the Shape Layer are suddenly 'Black' and '1px'. 

The Stroke will not show up immediatly, but as soon as you change the fill color of the shapes, the stroke 

will be there. Also if you set the Stroke to 'No Color' again, as soon as you save/exit/reenter the Smart Object, stroke is back at 'Black'/'1px' again  

Note: 

In Photoshop 2020 (21.2.4) when either 'No Color' OR 'stroke width 0.00' was set on a shape layer, it would set both values to 'No Color' AND '0.00' when you created a smart object from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just started to use Photoshop 2021 a day ago and now I notice something really annoying.

I don't know if it a bug, or new settings that I don't find, but Photoshop started to apply a black border on every single shape created in my files once I open them even on files that I made months ago and I know for sure I never used black stroke on the shapes.
The shape itself is not visible on the image, mock-up, shape only if I once change the stroke to outside one.

I opened up at least 10 of my files in order to remove and save because at first, I thought I accidentally made the files like that as I was copying and altering shapes from file to file. But then I reopened one of them again after this "bug fixing" of mine and there it was again that black border.
And a colleague of mine downloaded one of these files and she is using an older version of Photoshop and her Photoshop doesn't show the black stroke.

Please help me to remove it, it is really annoying. These files are going to be the base of future mock-ups and I do not want them to be duplicated with the black hidden border inside. Even though it is not visible, it should not be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the new Photoshop cc2021 seems to be adding a 1px black stroke on every file that I open made from the previous version.  Even when I remove the stroke and save the file, when I re-open the same file, the stroke comes back.    Although the stroke won't normally show unless I change the color value of the shape-- but once you change the custom shape color,  it has added that additional stroke  in my work, causing to have to re-do all those items with that shape. Can this be returned to a default 0 like it was in the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Just started happening after upgrade to 2021. I made an action with a keyboard shortcut to speed up removing the stroke from many shape layers... 
but the strokes eventually just return. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Identical issue for me too and very frustrating not to mention time wasting.

Every file I open to work on that includes my custom shapes is automatically applied a 1px stroke when I amend the colour fill for that shape. 

I hope change update made by Adobe can be reverted back to 0 stroke in a very soon update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE FIX THIS!!! Same problem and it's really messing with my workflow and taking so much extra time. I'm so sorry I upgraded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded 22.0.1. Still happening on Mojave. Black stroke is added when shape is selected with direct selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry Hi Jeffrey, Any update to this issue? Thanks for your help and looking into the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the 22.0.1 update that was release overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, it's still happening on Mojave after 22.0.1 install. I tried trashing prefs, and the stroke is still being added upon selection. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that it does not occur with NEW shapes created in 22.0.1, only with shapes that were created in previous versions. For example, if I open a file that was created prior to 22.0.1, select a shape to edit color with direct selection tool, the 1 px black stroke will be added automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried restarting the computer and photoshop several times. The creative cloud does not show a 22.0.1 update is available. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Creative Cloud app, choose Help > Check for Updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, it's still happening on Mojave after 22.0.1 install. I tried trashing prefs, and the stroke is still being added upon selection. Any suggestions?

I should add that it does not occur with NEW shapes created in 22.0.1, only with shapes that were created in previous versions. For example, if I open a file that was created prior to 22.0.1, select a shape to edit color with direct selection tool, the 1 px black stroke will be added automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I've reopened this issue for engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeffrey. Please let me know if you have any questions in order to replicate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JeffreyTranberry, the update worked with your instructions. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeffrey, your instruction is useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 22.0.1 and the stroke still appears in all my artwork. This is extremely annoying and kills workflow. What are my other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate