• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Update to access generative AI - Pop up appearing every few minutes older versions of Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving a pop up entitled "Update to access generative AI" that appears about 15 seconds after I first start Photoshop and a seemingly random interval of minutes thereafter. The first pop up will appear with or without my interaction, but the Photoshop window must be active. Intervals average about five minutes, and the shortest was 3 minutes and 6 seconds. The longest was about a half hour when I was multitasking with other programs.

Pressing the X only temporarily dismisses the pop up. Clicking on it causes the pop up to stutter for a moment before simply disappearing for another few minutes. It will also go away on its own after a few seconds before eventually returning.

I'm using Photoshop 24.3.0 20230316.r.376 37b4b38 x64 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

I have tried:

-Turning off Rich Tooltips

-Resetting preferences

-Uninstalling and Reinstalling the same Photoshop version

-Upgrading to Photoshop 24.4.1 and downgrading to Photoshop 24.2.1

The only thing that worked was downgrading to an older version of Photoshop that I still keep on my computer (22.2), but my preference is to return to Photoshop 24.3 if at all possible.

Any insight is appreciated.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

I've shared this with the team to review. We're collecting reports about this specific in-app notification. 

Please upvote this post from the top if you see it, too. 

Thanks!
Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused and thank you for your responses. We have addressed the repetitive notification issue and have implemented a solution. This will take effect tonight April 11. You may continue to see this issue today but please let us know if you continue to experience this tomorrow after 3aPT.

Votes

Translate

Translate
34 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's April 16 now, I'm using Photoshop 2023 at the latest version (24.4.0 for Mac), and I've gotten the notification three times in the last hour or so. It's driving me bananas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue. We apologize that this has persisted and have been disruptive to your work. We stopped the delivery of this notification April 10. However, for the change to take effect you will need to quit Photoshop  and relaunch so that the app can receive the change. Again we apologize for the inconvenience

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I will update when I want to update. I certainly dont need a reminder every couple of minutes when I'm in the middle of a huge composite. Its so disrespectful to the user to have a persistent visual interruption like this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we get to see this one instead..?! Come on Adobe. Do you think we dont realize what version we are running? I dont always want to update. I'm not always in the mood for bugs and inconsistencies with a new version. Can't you just be respectful of this and allow us to update when (and IF) we want to? Why force someone to use something "new" if what they have is what theyre comfortable with. Tired of this. For REALScreenshot 2024-04-17 at 11.41.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now getting 2 pop ups,  'use AI' and 'You are running an old version'.  Terrific!

Isn't it absurd to call anything 2023 old? Also, telling us we have the option to stick to any version we want seems to be contradicted by this new pop-up? 

I just really miss the non-subscription Adobe products. I'd love to use my Photoshop and Illustrator quietly, as if they were tools designed for reliable use, not an 'exciting platform with the illusion that it keeps things 'fresh and exciting!'.  On that note, I'd love a tool I can grow with and perfect my skills, something trustworthy and stable. Not one I have to constantly worry about after, worry that my favorite tools have been shuffled around or disappeared, one that forces me to change the way I work. 

I'm also here to reiterate other people's point, please don't push AI on me, I'am an artist, and am insulted by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredibly annoying. Getting the update popup constantly. I am not going to update, so sod off and fix the popup.

Instead of wasting time pushing useless AI on us, Adobe should fix the simple core issues like hot keys in Photoshop that STILL don't work after a decade of being broken. They got worse with the last update, so if Adobe wants me to update so badly, give me an actual reason to update, by doing their job for once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's April 24th and I'm still getting the pop up, it's ridiculously frequent, I've shut down my application and restarted it countless times. I'm trying force myself to get used to it, but whyyyy are we stuck with pop ups in our work space? It's miserable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open Task Manager and end the process for the idiotic Adobe Genuine Service process, it will stop the pop-ups. On a side note, clearly this process hasn't prevented piracy, so why do those that copy the software get to have a better user experience than those of us that actually pay for it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, please, please, remove this insanely frustrating pop window. You say you solve it, then there is no fix. REMOVE THE WINDOW and take a hit on AI revenue until it is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate