• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor translation in PS

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I realize this isn't really a critical issue, but the translation of Enhance AI in the latest PS, isn't correct.

In the window for Noise reduction AI, everything labelled 'enhance' in english, is translated to 'forstør' in danish. This is wrong/incorrect.

Forstør means to enlarge, aka enlarge/make bigger, or whichever dirivative of the word you want to use, the word that SHOULD be used, in this case, is 'forbedr', because the function isn't enlarging the image

The button to enter 'Remove noise' is correctly translated though to 'fjern støj'.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, translations are sometimes really bad.

I once took a look at the Norwegian edition of Photoshop, and swore then and there to never again touch it. I've used the English version ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with that sentiment D Fosse, and would have returned to english, if there was a possibility for me to do so. Unfortunately, it appears that when I first registered PS, I had my Windows language settings, in the right corner of the bottom bar, set to danish, so no matter what I do, I can't change the language in my applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll be darned 🙂 I managed to change the language 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your report. We are looking into this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cougar12dk -

Thank you for this, your request has been noted.  I shared it with our translaiton partners for evaluation.  If changes ar ejustified, they will be made for the next release.  

Iouri Tchernoousko, Adobe Globalization

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Interface > Language.  

I will be happy to continue working with you here to take your inputs and improve the quality of the localized UIs.  Thank you.

Iouri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, D Fosse.  Do you have specifics of what changes you need to be made in Norwegian?  I will be interested in taking your feedback and having the translation team analyze it.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Anish! Good to see you here.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines