• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

0xc000007b on photoshop CC 2017 after install

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0xc000007b on photoshop 2017 after install. Using Win10 64 bit on ASUS laptop. Note, same install on my Win10 desktop works fine.

Tried reinstalling PS 2017. Same problem. Also ran scandsk (a previous forum suggestion): no fix.

This has not occurred on any previous PS CC installs.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Hi DSwanson,

Please repair all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable libraries and then update them to latest version from this link:- The latest supported Visual C++ downloads

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I update all drivers, reinstall Visual C++ 13 and 17, because the younger version do not available on link. I still have error. help, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DSwanson,

Please repair all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable libraries and then update them to latest version from this link:- The latest supported Visual C++ downloads

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

This helps. Thank you.

What I did was uninstall all the Visual C++ redistributables using "programs and features".

Rebooted.

Then using the microsoft link you supplied, downloaded and re-installed the 86 & 64 versions (2008 through 2015.)

Rebooted.

PS 2017 now works on the laptop.

As a note, I neither knew the purpose or function of these files, nor the consequences of uninstall/reinstalling them. Thus I felt like I was walking in the dark.

The Microsoft document assumes that I know what these are all about. I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are important Windows files required to run Photoshop and other programs on your computer..These setups do not get updated unless there is a major OS update

Glad to know it is working fine now.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions.  Do I need to repair both x86 & x64?  And should I uninstall all the Visual C++ Redist?

There are 14 of these. (2005 thru 2013 x86 & x64)

I get the 0xc000007b error, when try to usePhotoshop 2017, InDesign 2017, PremierePro 2017 and MediaEncoder 2017.

Thanks,

Faren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will explain it in an easy to understand manner.

Why Are There So Many “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables” Installed on My PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!!

I have installed Photoshop CC 2017 on My Pc , Using windows 7 service pack 1,

But I am Unable start photoshop.....

error -0xc000007b

Please help me ,what to do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines