• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

150% UI Scaling Option for Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been trying to get some feedback from the guys at Adobe regarding this, but seems like no one has seen or heard this pleas. I'm currently using a Surface Pro 3 to work on Photoshop, and while I really appreciate the fact that Adobe introduced the 200% scaling option, it's really too big to do anything productively. It's definitely usable, but is it the best scaling? I would really hope 150% scaling option to be added as well. So we could toggle between it base on our preference.

What do you guys think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

The way this is supposed to work now, is that Photoshop UI scaling automatically follows the Windows setting, in 25% increments.

The crucial point is that the image window itself maintains independent scaling, so that 100% still means one image pixel represented by exactly one screen pixel. This is what's new, and this is what has been difficult to implement before. This is what took so long.

Note that this requires Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and it does not work on Windows 7 or 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 323 Replies 323
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++

Also need the same feature. 200% is too big, 100% is too small.

And more than that, I don't see why Photoshop wouldn't follow the applied OS (Windows 8.1) UI Scaling setting like all other apps do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++

200% is too big, 100% is too small. 150% ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote for 150% setting also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting in agreement here. I'm experiencing the same UI scale issue on the Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Enhanced.

Photoshop CC 2014 was too small at 100% and way too big at 200% on this screen. Photoshop CC 2015 seems to be stuck in 'too big' mode only. Just wondering: was the 'experimental' 200% scale setting in CC 2014 moved to another place in the menus for CC 2015?

With CC 2014, I had dropped my screen resolution down from 2560 x 1440 to 1920 x 1080, and set the Windows 8 scaling to 125%--that seemed to help a lot for CC 2014 but it doesn't work for CC 2015. CC 2015 seems to be just too big on this tablet all the time.

Does anybody have any suggestions for optimizing the scale for Photoshop CC 2015 on a high-density tablet screen? Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

G.

D.R. Greenlaw - Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog | Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, found it. In Photoshop CC 2015: Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Scaling

No 150% option but at least I can get Photoshop to look a little more 'normal' on this tablet again.

G.

D.R. Greenlaw - Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog | Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely Agree!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uu yes  150 and other :3 agree

see

200% large u.u

Screenshot (3).png

100% u.u smoll

Screenshot (4).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree having the exact same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree for the 150%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first ever post on Adobe to state my whole hearted agreement.  100% too small, 200 too big.  I found this post looking for "how to scale to 150%".

I am continuously amazed that major software is released and it seems as if no one has actually tried to use it beforehand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also on a Surface Pro 3 and would dearly love to see something other than 100% or 200%. I have good eyesight and so I can deal with 100% but the touchscreen is nearly unusable for the most part at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote for  150% too

Come on Adobe people ...help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200% is good for me but +1

I hope this can get implemented into illustrator as well..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all that counts, I'd love to see 150% too. As everyone else has said, 100% is too small, and 200% is too big.

Running at 3200x1800 on a 13" screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! More size options or at least 150%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too. 200% is too big and 100% is too small. pls provide a custom scaling option instead of 100 and 200.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

150% Scaling would be perfect. 200% is too big on my HP Spectre X360, and 100% is way too small to see. Lowering the resolution of the screen would be an absolute waste considering how beautiful it is. Come on, Adobe! 150% Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I have the same issue! It is me nuts to have to work in 200%. Why is there only two options, either too small or too large. NEED a 150% setting for optimal view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they can find ASAP a way to add a 150% factor scale.. my eyes are bleeding at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several months of trying out different methods for dealing with this problem, I finally gave up and disabled Windows scaling entirely (set it to 100%) and reduced the screen res on my Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 from 2560 x1440 to 1600 x 900. I was running into UI scaling to problems with too many programs because it wasn't being used consistently by various developers. Turn off UI and reducing screen res forces all programs to behave 'normally'.

I know 1600 x 900 is not terribly high, but it's still higher than what I had on my old tablet computer (HP tm2) and, to be honest, it looks just about right on a 13-inch tablet display. Not tiny at all and a comfortable layout and workspace. (Unlike when using Photoshop's 2015 cc's 200% 'geriatric' scale preference for this computer.)

I'm not completely happy with this solution because I'm using almost half the screen capability of this tablet computer but I have to say, it's nice to see Photoshop (as well as many other graphics and animation programs I use daily,) look normal and with plenty of usable workspace again. Another plus to consider is that reducing the res may extend the battery time for the tablet since it's refreshing about a 1/4 of the resolution data. (Note: I don't know that for certain. Could a more tech-saavy person tell me if this is a valid assumption or just wishful thinking. Thanks.)

It's now my opinion that, until all program developers can agree on a common implementation of UI scaling for high pixel density screen, disabling UI scaling and reducing screen resolution to a comfortable value for the actual screen size is probably the most reasonable fix at this time.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! please add 150% scaling. Or just configure it the same as all the other adobe apps, they seem to scale fine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need 150% scaling devs!!!!

S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you feel adventurous you might try this simple hack:

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Thank You Dan!!!

S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked perfectly for me. I am running a Lenovo Yoga 720 4k with 2 external monitors. I am using a Targus Universal USB 3.0 Dual Video 4K Laptop Docking Station with Charging Power, Audio, & 4 USB 3....I could get it to work ok on my laptop screen. The windows display settings I have is to increase everything by 225% - and it looked fine on the laptop screen. But when I moved Photoshop over to my right screen, which is a 2560 x 1440 with 100% scale for text, apps, etc. it looked horrible. Everything was increased like it was 300%. There was no room to work. Even the menus when opened didn't have enough room to show all of the options. If I updated the preferences inside Photoshop to 100%, then it would look fine on the external screen, but impossible to see on the laptop screen. So small I couldn't even read the text. But with the manifest fix - it is all better. I have the scale preferences inside Photoshop now set to Auto, rather than choosing either 100% or 200%. Thank you so much - this is awesome. The regedit was simple and downloading those files was easy too. I looked inside first with notepad, just to make sure it all looked legit. Great job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines