• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

21.2.2 pen pressure issues

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm aware that I have to delete PSuserconfig.txt in order to fix the pressure recognition, however, there's still an issue with this. Whenever I try to draw a straight line using Shift, the pressure goes to 100% and the brush menu doesn't show correct outlines of the brush also because of that. 

I have the latest tablet drivers, but they are released like once every 6-12 months. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, 21.2.1 works like a charm with PSUserConfig.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work well for me after 21.1.  Tools like the Poly lasso would glitch to the top left etc.    Ther were update after that 21.1.1,  21.1.2 , 21.1.3, 21.2,  21.2.1, and with 21.2.2 when I try to use WinTab I don't think I can even get pen pressure to work.   21.0.3  I believe is the last time  WinTab work well for me.  With WinTab and 21.2.2 the Warning triangle turn off like Photoshop see I have a pen and I can adjust the brush tip sized and hardness using the pen buttom however  the pen paints like it full pressure always.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even remember when I started using the PSUserconfig hack. It's years ago. Nothing else worked. This is actually pretty sad, considering you have to refer to a hack to get a popular setup like Win10-Photoshop-Wacom to work. How about all the users who are not confident with messing around with files and folders? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What hack or which hack?  Before Microsoft added pen support (Windows INK) Windows did not support Pens.   Photoshop and Wacom used WinTab to support Pens.  Perpetual version of Photoshop do not have Windows INK support and I do not know  how Pen are support on Mac.    When Microsoft first introduced Pen support Adobe refused to use INK because it lack support Photoshop required.  Later INK was improved and Adobe added INK support into Photoshop abd may INK the default interface Photoshop used.   Many did not choose  to uset INK because there were issues and features users did not like.    To this Day  there are users that do not like Microsoft Pen Feedback Cursors and Windows settings to turn that feature off does not work.  Users still want to use WinTab but Adobe Broke  Photoshop's WinTab support.  Each new Update seems to brake it more.

I use Windows INK with PS 2020 not by Choice  for now there is no choice.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just adding to this thread to boost it and voice my displeasure with this latest update. 
My pen pressure also stopped working. Regressing to 21.2.1 now and using the psuserconfig.txt fix.
I DO NOT WANT TO USE WINDOWS INK features. Do you hear US Adobe?
Windows Ink sucks. Let it fail! 
there are too many on screen pop ups to deal with. Wacom is perfectly fine and is the industry standard. Period. 
Please fix this so that we don't have to use windows ink. 
I use photoshop and animate regularly and animate still works fine. 
If I have to get a mac just so I don't have to deal with windows ink while using YOUR software I'll make sure I let Windows know why I can never use their products again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You using the wrong site this is a user forum we are not Adobe we use Photoshop like you do.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines