Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adjust patch of colour on photo

Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

As you can see in the image below, there is a mark on the pocket area of a photo that's darker than the surrounding area. I wondered if someone could tell me how I can fix this in Photoshop?

Appreciate any help.

section.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A masked Adjustment Layer can be used to amend the brightness and color, but is’s practically impossible to make a »perfect« Mask for this so the edges may have to be touched up on an additioal pixel Layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great - thank you for the info - I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a region is just discoloured but seems to be about the correct brightness you can add a Layer, set it to Blend Mode »Color« and paint on it with a flor picked from a neighbouring part of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spotRestorationScr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spotRestorationScr2.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble following this second suggestion using curves. I can see how you created 2 separate curve adjustment layers but then they seem to be nested within a folder but the folder has an adjustment too. Can you explain how you set this up? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Group has a Vector Mask, that is a Path that limits the effect of the Layers in the Group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines