• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2017 gets stuck on Hand Tool

Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC 2017 keeps getting stuck on the hand tool. Does anyone else have this problem?

Is there a place Adobe has for posting issues?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Try hitting the Command Key (you should see the zoom tool) and while keeping the Command Key depressed, hit the Space Bar. It should come back to the selection tool (or whatever tool you were previously using).

I had this same issue for the longest time using InDesign and the only way I knew how to get rid of it previously was to restart the machine. I stumbled upon the Command+Space Bar solution and it works like a charm.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please, supply pertinent information for quicker answers.

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

Adobe product and version number.

Operating system and version number.

The full text of any error message(s).

What you were doing when the problem occurred.

Screenshots of the problem

Computer hardware, such as CPU, GPU, amount of RAM.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe product and version number. Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Operating system and version number. Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.1

The full text of any error message(s).

What you were doing when the problem occurred. I am using the clone tool. I could not get out of the Hand tool back to the clone tool.

Screenshots of the problem Sorry, it went back to normal. If it happens again I will supply a screen shot.

Computer hardware, such as CPU, GPU, amount of RAM. I am using an iMac 3.4 GHz Itel Core i7 with 16 GB of Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hitting the Command Key (you should see the zoom tool) and while keeping the Command Key depressed, hit the Space Bar. It should come back to the selection tool (or whatever tool you were previously using).

I had this same issue for the longest time using InDesign and the only way I knew how to get rid of it previously was to restart the machine. I stumbled upon the Command+Space Bar solution and it works like a charm.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I tried this technique and all that happens is that it continuously bounces between Zoom and Hand with each press of the buttons. The Crop, Brush, Filter, etc. tools works fine, I just cannot get the cursor to switch into Target Adjustment.

Any ideas?

iMac 5K 2014 : 4GHz i7 : 32GB RAM : AMD Radeon R9 M295X : macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Lightroom 2015.10.1 : Build 1117303

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woops, I just realized this technique was for Photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines