• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop 2020 > New Warp-Tool useless...?

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 🙂

I have installed the latest Photoshop-Version!

But now there is a big Problem with the new "enhanced" Warp-Tool...

I can't make a rounded Warping anymore!

If I try to adjust the handles, it makes a Rotation...

And I'm not able to Warp (for example) an Label with an rounding to an Cup anymore...

It's a little bit hard to describe, because my English isn't perfect 😉

But I have try it out, and it's definately not possible anymore like it was before...

[moved from Photoshop Discussions to Photoshop Bugs by moderator]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ì am happy to let Adobe decide whether it is a bug. All I know is that, as shown above, with the new tool I can achieve everything I did with the old warp tool, plus more.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Todd,

Did Dave's problem ever get solved??

It drives me mad that Adobe would think this tool was a "problem" that needed solving. Stop messing up the classic workflow unless it's an actual problem.

I've been banging my head against the wall for months as there was an issue with my CC and I can no longer go back to work in classic PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bug report on the Photoshop Family forum  the last word from Adobe was five months ago. To get Adobe's attention I suggest posting all further comments at that report. There's still no status listed so not good concerning a fix!

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/adobe-photoshop-2020-problems-with-new-warp-t...

Meredith Payne Stotzner, Employee                                                 5 Months Ago

Hi Christian,
We are able to reproduce the difference in behavior you described between Pixel and Vector layer. We're looking into it.
Thanks,
Meredith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is bothering my group so much is that the grid/mesh lines have now dispappeared in the "Default" setting. It is very important, like what you show on your blue cup 2019 version above, to see what the mesh is doing inside the smart object. NOT JUST THE OUTER EDGES. This is because the outer edges can be straight to follow the mug's outer contour for example, but accidentally skew the inside of the smart object and not even know it, because there's no visible interior mesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble too with the new warp tool. It is exactly as how you discribed it.

I use digital mockups for packaging to show to the customer. 

A simple cup is not the problem, but when a oval cup (so your artwork has conical distortion) is in perspecvtive, like a bit rotated and tilted, it's impossible to have small details like text or mandatory logo's to follow the right curve because anchers now rotate...

So now it's allmost more time saving to make a 3D model, render it and than go to Photoshop for the finnishing touch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look from a packaging designers perspective (pun intended) this new warp tool really makes the simplest mock-ups that in the past with warp seamless a huge issue now. Is there any way that Adobe could simply introduce the 'classic' wrap function as a preference option as I find this really hard to use.

Basically all we are asking for is more control from the added grid points ie to constrain the beziers so that not the whole image rotates. We like the fact that you can add your own grid lines for accuracy what would make this new warp work for us is if you allowed the point selection tool to constrain how the lines bend or not ie not just rotate around the point. Make the tool like the anchor point tool in Illustrator. This would fix it and work for everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god yesss, I'm not alone with this problem! I can't make a simple warping of a full commercial in a magazine, because I can't make the straight edge points curve inside the way paper is curved, they just rotate and ruin the design! How come it's been over 5 months and it still haven't been fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it's useless.  For many of us this tool is now broken and incapable of doing what it could previously. This doesn't appear to be resolved to date unless I'm missing a hotkey here.

I've made the attached rough image to help clarify why the lack of independant beizer control within the anchor points is so significant. The blue cup example doesn't quite show the underlying issues. In this example you can see it's impossible to accurately warp a graphic to conform to a cylinder without creating unwanted distortions and ripples.warp demo 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VonBronze

Thanks for your good example.

At the moment I work on some mug mockups and yeah... like your example it is impossible to use accurately the warp tool. I am lucky because I also can use 2018 at work but on my private PC there is no way back because 2019 was the last version to go back. We need a fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - you can install v20.0.9 from the CC app and that version still uses the legacy warp tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you can record a process video for how that distortion is happening? I can align and manipulate a mesh with those angles and don't see that issue happening.
Do you know about being able to transform/rotate a multi-node selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointing and stressful too for those of us on tight deadlines. I am now stepping back to version 20.0.9. Thanks Earth_Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are still working with customers to help find the right resolution. 
I promise we are continuing to work on it now even with the Adobe offices closed due to Covid 19.

Thanks for your patience,
Meredith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please hurry!!! My Mockup Academy students are confused by the new warp tool and I need answers so I can update the tutorials with new techniques for wrapping patterns onto mugs, bowls, and other regular symmetrical curved items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates for this fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not an update yet.
We are still looking into it, though.
Thanks for your patience,
Meredith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really a shame!

I really hoping this annoying Bug will be solved with Photoshop 2021!

The Tool is useless, we can't work with it since a Year now!!!

We have to create everyday Packshots and must place Labels on the Products etc...

And this is not possible with this Tool!!!

This must be a Joke, that you still have not fixed this Bug!

Instead you make senseless new Features in Photoshop, which no one need!

Please fix the BUGS first instead of make new Features!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure we are being patient. I hear alot of frustration in people's comments. It's disappointing that after all these months you're still just "looking into it". Instead, I would have expected "we're fixing it" or even better, "the fix is just about ready and will be in the next update."

"Looking into it" sounds like a euphemism for doing nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully I don't have to use the warp tool very often because it is truly useless. I didn't see any comments that included what is happening to me. It takes me 3 to 8 clicks to select one of the points. Once I do it does not activate all of the handles attached to that point. Ten it takes several addition clicks to grab one of the handles. When I go to move the handle all of the point move together, and there is no way to get them to move independent of one another. 

Why is that every time adobe does an update there are glitches everywhere. I have had to start waiting several months before I install any updates because I cannot work with the constant glitches. Affinity is becoming more my go-to application. The cost of adobe is surpassing its functionality compared to competitors. Whether I have to use a warp tool, enlarge an image or do color corrections. If this could get fixed it would help to stem the blood loss that adobe is having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to work on. The resolution for this problem is to simply revert the tool back to it's 2018 functionality.

There really isn't much to change about Illustrator or Photoshop, these programs have been out for years and they don't need to be mussed with, stop mussing with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meredith (and Adobe team),

We are reaching a critical impass on this situation. The one opportunity we had to continue working was by reverting to 20.0.9 but since that was updated to 20.0.10, previous grid warps are broken.

This needs to be fixed properly. Please contact me directly if you would like to talk with a customer that's having this issue. Maybe a real world user could help solve or at least explain the issue?

Or simply advise us when the bug/issue will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just here to add my screams into this rage chamber.
I can no longer use this warp tool to superimpose labels into the correct position because the handles attached to any point that isn't a corner can not move independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just want to add my frustration with this problem. Its made my work very difficult and I've had to revert to an older version. Eagerly awaiting a fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all,
We've identified a bug and a design enhancement that we're working on for an upcoming release that should elminiate this issue.
For some users, the solution is simply to ensure you're using a 1:1 grid. (The older version of Transform Warp is a 1x1 grid, but has visual-only isolines. The 3x3 grid looks like the old Transform Warp, but is actually adding additional controls.)

Would anyone like to join the beta team to test out the upcoming changes? If so, please send me email - which is my first name at adobe dot com.

Thank you,

Meredith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meredith,

I just installed the latest version 22.0.0 and this problem still occurs.

PLEASE let your dev team know that WE ALL want the warp tool to behave like in CC 2019.

Now I still need to go back to CC 2019 when in need to warp/distort my artwork around an object in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines