Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After installing macOS Big Sur 11.4 Photoshop freezes a few seconds in

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated my MacBook Pro (M1 16GB 2020) recently to macOS Big Sur 11.4, but ever since then it would freeze a few seconds after I start working (using the paintbrush) and I would have to force close the program, but reopening it afterwards just repeats the freeze. I've tried restarting the computer but it doesn't solve the issue. 

It never used to do this on my old OS. I also tried to give Photoshop access rights in Preferences > Security and Privacy > Accessibility + Full Disc Access but that only worked temporarily and now it's back to freezing again after a few seconds. 

Please, please help, I'm at my wit's end not being able to work on anything at all. Sent maybe two crash reports to you guys!

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George - in the process of fixing this, I did do a lot of different things. I ran the CC Cleaner as Kevin suggested. I also deleted all my Preferences files. Was sure to take some steps as Root ('sudo...' from command line). Uninstalled everything. Reinstalled. Probably could not recreate an audit path of every step I took.  But eventually 22.2.0 did the trick for me. I have a fairly common set of Apps on my MacBook Pro. I don't think I've got anything particularly crazy running on my machine. JR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cleaner Tool should have removed your preference resources. If it didn't and you had to remove them after running the Cleaner, that sounds like something wrong with their tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try that out, crosses fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been sitting on version 22.2.0 since June - since it worked and I didn't want to deal with more troubleshooting. Recently, somehow without my intervention, Photoshop was updated to 23.0.0 on my MacBook Pro. Panic ensued. However much to my surprise, everthing is working smoothly. I'm on MacOS 11.6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Creative Cloud app - you have a preference set to Always keep your apps up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines