• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of my colours are appearing as just black

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im just starting out in photoshop and i have come across a problem where all the colours that are displayed ,wherever it maybe, are fully black. I tried the method of seeing if it was in grayscale even though white isn't showing up either which didn't work. I also tried checking if the graphics card was being used or not and again that didn't work. In summary it seems to be fully black (even when my background is selected as white) and i can't find a way to get colours. I did also try uninstalling and reinstalling.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Black colors on all mods - Adobe Support Community - 11317913 some guy had the same problem and i didnt see it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a broken monitor profile, which is set in the operating system but used by Photoshop.

Can you do this as a testing step:

1. Close Photoshop

2. Type Color Management into the Windows search box

3. In the list of monitor profiles make a note of the profile name which is currently set as default.

4. Click "Add" and add the profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to the list

4. Now that it is in the list, click on it and press "Set as Default Profile"2021-07-10_15-04-40.jpg

5. Open Photoshop

Do you now see colour? If so then it proves that your monitor profile was broken and you now need to replace the sRGB profile that we used to test with a specific profile for your monitor - preferably one made with a calibration device such as the i1Display or similar.

If you still do not see colour, carry out steps 1 to 5 again but set the previously used profile back as the default.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sounds like a monitor profile issue, perhaps you could post a screenshot to highlight the issue, also what version of Photoshop and operating system do you have.

I'm assuming you're on Windows, close Photoshop, open Control Panel and go to Colour Management and do the following

2021-07-10 15_04_46-Colour Management.png

2021-07-10 15_05_41-D__Downloads_2021-07-10 15_04_46-Colour Management.png - Greenshot image editor.png

2021-07-10 15_06_06-D__Downloads_2021-07-10 15_04_46-Colour Management.png - Greenshot image editor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you that worked ,it only had the asus one for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines