• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export my GIF as a video to post on social media like Instagram and Facebook, it doesn't give me the option to do so. I attached a screenshot of all of the export options I am given. I was able to render my GIFs as a video on my old MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have this same issue as well

but i can't seem to figure out where to get Rosetta 😞

please advice.

i'm using an Mac Pro, Apple M1 on Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»my old MacBook Pro.«

Is the new computer equipped with M1 Chip? 

If so can you run Photoshop under Rosetta? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the Creative Cloud app / all apps / photoshop line far right / ••• / Other Versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your applications folder and open up the Photoshop folder.  Make sure you right click on the Photoshop application icon once in the folder and click on get info.  There will be a check box that says run in Rosetta.  You can toggle it back and forth when need be, just make sure you don't have Photoshop open when you do it.  I have attached an image as well to show you what it looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!
But I've found a better solution, where you keep the M1 version:

open Finder / Programms / right click on PS / Information / "run with Rosetta"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out after struggling with it for about an hour. Hopefully they will bring back the option to render it as a video on the M1 version of Photoshop soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, been trying to do an animated GIF, in this new Photoshop CC version, on my MAC Pro M1, and this specific controller/option isn't showing when i open the Timeline window

How it was:

How it is on my computer:

Captura de ecrã 2021-05-19, às 14.44.04.png

Anyone can help me?

I just want to animate and export my Video to upload it on instagram.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it deleted the "how it was image"

so here it is, again

create-frame-animation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline video is still not working on May 20 with latest releases, very frustrating for me too, was hoping for productivity and speed improvements from the new computer, instead can't work on my timeline projects at all. They should have publicised this major missing component in the software. Also cannot output previous timeline video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to select or find the video layer at the Layers menu on Photoshop M1, It only appeared when I opened the app using Rosetta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop?

Which OS version?

See these links:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to select or find the video layer at the Layers menu on Photoshop M1, It only appeared when I opened the app using Rosetta 
Photoshop 22.4.0
Mac Big Sur 11.3.1

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell the system requirements for the pc?  I have 10 pcs provide to the designers of my Digital Marketing Agency. 

Digital Marketing Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop on the M1 Mac. This is a known issue where some Photoshop features work only using Rosetta emulation. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Our product team is working to ensure all features work in Photoshop while it runs natively on the M1 Macs.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new laptop, one of the m1 chip macs. previously I was able to import videos, which i use for animation, on a 2018 macbook air. now not even previous projects will not play their videos and the timeline feature no longer allows me to hit play. this is the error message I get when attemting to import any kind of video file:

"Could not place “filename.mov” because no parser or file format can open the file. "

Additionally im not able to do things like purge the video cache because:

"Could not complete the Video Cache command because DynamicLink is not available."

im not sure wether dynamic link is related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For video functions, run Photoshop under Rosetta - see link below

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, thank you Lindsey. Now I switch Photoshop between running in Rosetta and running natively on the M1 chip when I need to work with video. This is an incredibly inconvenient solution and I expect better from Adobe...

Perhaps one could install an older version of Photoshop and designate that to run on Rosetta, while utilizing the most current version as a native implementation. This might be convenient enough to satisfy me, except that the help article from Adobe that describes the process of installing an older version of a CC app without removing the current version is completely ineffective. Even when toggling "Remove older versions" as explained in the article, I receive a notice when installing older versions that the currently installed version will be replaced.

It's like the Adobe devs and community are inviting us to set sail on the seas of....you know what. It's probably about time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU! This change to M1 with Adobe has been ROUGH to say the very least. This solution helped me just keep working finally. I just wish we didnt have to take time out to be googling this shiz to begin with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything, but my Photoshop running on M1 couldn't recognize video as a valid format. Does anybody else also faced this problem? Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore. Already tried to test with several older versions available on Creative Cloud, but none works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame animation ... argh, never use it - M1 definitely needs the video timeline feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run Photoshop under Rosetta? 

Votes

Translate

Translate