Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Announce OSX El Capitan to improve the Performance of Adobe CC Apps

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just gone up on PetaPixel

http://petapixel.com/2015/06/08/apple-os-x-el-capitan-to-improve-the-performance-of-adobe-cc-apps/

Apple just announced the next version of its OS X operating system at its Worldwide Developers Conference this morning. The successor of Yosemite will be OS X El Capitan, version 10.11. The update will be focused on user experience and performance.

Among the many new features is a big performance boost that should improve Adobe’s Creative Cloud software.

OS X El Capitan will include Apple’s Metal framework, which makes graphics rendering 40x more efficient than OpenGL, reducing CPU load and improving battery life.

Adobe is announcing that it will be adopting Metal in all of its OS X apps. The company says that tests it did with After Effects showed an impressive 8x improvement in rendering. No word yet on what kind of improvement this switch will have for photographers using Photoshop.

You may remember that Adobe just launched GPU support and performance boosts in Lightroom CC and Adobe Camera RAW 9. You can also tweak OpenGL settings for performance in Photoshop’s preferences.

El Capitan is being made available to developers starting today, and the official launch will be rolled out as a free upgrade later in the fall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El Capitan is a shear cliff to climb in Yosemite would not like to fall off of that. I hope the Apple Metal framework works well on all display adapters Apple uses in Mac machines.  It seems to me we saw an large increase in the number of Mac user reporting Photoshop problems when the upgraded to Yosemite with what was displayed. I would be nice it things just worked like I here all the time..... 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it Apple's job to make Adobe's software work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just believe Apple should keep their OS compatible with software that  runs on prior versions of their OS.  I also think that Adobe should keep new version of Photoshop to be compatible with user assets they user in prior version of Photoshop. 

Clearly neither Apple or Adobe care about what I think they should do.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we told Apple (or Microsoft) that new versions of the OS had to be backwards compatible, we'd all still be either using Apple II OS (or a variant thereof) or MS-DOS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you would not I fount those OS unsutible for use I would still be using IBM's VM or MVS.  Most likely VM...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Apple's job to make Apple's OS work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's OS works just fine. It's Adobe's job to make your apps work properly on all platforms that their customers use. QuickLook has been around for a while on OSX yet it doesn't seem to work properly on some Adobe applications. When I'm in the Finder in Acrobat DC (in Yosemite) in column view the bottom half of my finder window is a big grey blank area (works fine in PS). I can only see the file system in the top quarter of the screen. Also, in column view in illustrator, the preview of the file (right side of the finder) is cut off and does not resize properly like it does in any other application that runs on my computer (including other Abobe apps). I could go on but I'm pretty sure you will blame it on user error or Apple. Your phone support also leaves alot to be desired. I'm open, what doesn't "work correctly" on Apple's OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About time Adobe. 1996 called and it asked for it‘s scrolling lag back.
In AI CC and ID CC navigation, screen update and rendering has been absolutely pathetic for years, even on high end platforms.
Get is done, it‘s a disgrace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a beta for Lightroom, because I can't access some Apps at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's now a demo of Metal with Adobe Illustrator and After Effects by David McGavran.

Adobe Creative Cloud for OS X with Metal Demonstration - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't an official response or compatibility matrix from Adobe regarding OS X 10.11 and Adobe CC? This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osx - Which graphics cards or integrated GPUs support metal? - Ask Different

Metal is supported by all Macs introduced since 2012. (Nvidia, AMD and Intel)

This means :

• Intel HD Graphics 4000, Iris 5000 & 6000 family,
  • nVidia GT 600M, 700M family,
  • AMD R9 M family,  x

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started on this animation to illustrate how quite this forum would become when El Capitan goes live, and we'd no longer see people posting about issues with Yosemite.  But that was probably optimistic.  I was going to add Chuck with his horse, and Norman in his Professor garb, but I've moved on to other projects, so this is going to have to stand.

After Yosemite.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX 10.11.1 is out. Tacos anyone?  

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 7.48.30 AM.png

This update:
● Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
● Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
● Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
● Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
● Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
● Improves VoiceOver reliability
● Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support 

(Yes, Taco emoji support).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it certainly didn't improve performance, it is markedly slower, whether its El Capitan's or Lightroom's fault who knows but something needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, it's now December 15th. I've been sitting tight and not upgrading to El Capitan, but the performance reviews are increasingly enticing and I'm fast approaching a rare, brief pause between projects... the perfect time to upgrade. Yep, I'll actually NOT be in the middle of anything using PP/AE. I don't even know what to do with myself. I was going to just go outside or something. But frankly, the sun scares me... ok I'm kidding. But seriously, are the bugs all sorted? I'd love to get some more beans out of my MacBook Pro.

Help please? I'd love to upgrade next week once I'm done with this last project.

Cheers,

Jordo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.11.2 was just released and it's considered by some to be ready for prime time.

Of course ask in Mac forums as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded and it did not help the problem with the creative cloud upgrades.

Diana Welshans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do it!  I have El Capitan and all of the upgrades and still cannot upgrade my creative cloud apps.

Diana Welshans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUP SAME! so annoying!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id still like to know if any Ppr users out there have upgraded to CC15 and El Capitan on their Mac Tower?

Its now been almost 7months since El Capitan came out ?  Is ANYbody using OSX 10.11.2 effectively ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

10.11.5 was just released, any improvement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines