• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Sidecar Photoshop Issue - Double Content...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Photoshop with Apple Sidecar, the content of the workspace is shown twice.

Neither zooming nor moving changes the display - the content on the work surface remains twice ...

Has such an error occurred to other users as well?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same issue with Photoshop on Big Sur + Mac Mini M1 + the newest iPad Air 10,9". My artboard is chopped into 2 or 4 pieces, it's unusable 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've found some solution although it's far from perfect. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle. If you go to Preferences > Performance and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" it resolves the issue, but then the Photoshop performance will drop drastically.

Adobe please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the same - but seems that it doesn´n have any effect on my divice - instead the low-performance... Hope Adobe will fix this... !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the newest Photoshop 22.2 update. Sidecar on iPad is still not working on Photoshop... It's working without any problems on apps from one of the Adobe competitors, so it's not a problem with a Big Sur OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone here from Adobe reading this?! It's March already, two PS updates later and we still can't use iPad Air 2020 as a graphic tablet with Photoshop on a Mac as a secondary display. It's working perfectly fine with any other app from your competition. That's just sad that you can't fix this issue for so long crippling our workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - it's really annoying and frustrating... 
Adobe`s bugs at the moment are the worst I´ve seen during my abo-seasons since 2013...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you. I was forced to switch from Design Premium CS6 to CC subscription this year after upgrading my old Mac to M1 and Big Sur. This is a very bad Adobe CC experience so far. Photoshop still has issues like the one from the topic, Illustrator was crashing almost every 20-30 min in the first weeks after the upgrading to CC (until I switched off GPU acceleration in the Preferences). I feel like I'm forced to use beta versions of apps yet have to pay for it much more than before... and nobody from Adobe seems to care or even acknowledge those bugs. Are they even reading these threads?

BTW. It's not even an Apple fault. For example, Affinity apps run great. Adobe want's us all to switch or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report from an update 22.3 (Apple Silicon support). Nothing changed... Still no fix 😕

Screenshot attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.3.1. Adobe, it's more than a half year without a fix. Here's how the Ps behave when trying to move a window to the iPad screen.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 22.4 changed something... Now at least the workspace is not split into 4 corners and stays in the middle of the screen but it's not visible. Now it's going into stroboscopic mode if any tool is used... This is so disappointing after half a year of updates.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here - but this issue is was exactly my problem since the beginning… i guess it's the same problem - just another view…

I guess Adobe is not able to fix this problem until the next major update of PS - every - and I mean really every!!! - new update makes Photoshop more worse than before… Really thinking about alternatives - facebook, reddit, … everthing is full of negative feedback regarding support, help, update-issues… it's really hard to say - but i guess it's senseless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines