Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto rotate not working on camera mounted to copy stand

Contributor ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a new Canon EOS 200D Mark II DSLR camera mounted to a copy stand. As it’s mounted onto the column of the stand, the front of the camera with the on/off switches etc. are facing me. The problem is that when I swing out the LCD screen so that it’s to the right and facing me, the  contents of the screen are upside down. I went into the function settings on the camera and turned off auto-rotate but this hasn’t helped.

I wondered if anyone has any tips on how I can get this to work. Obviously I need the column on the copy stand to be at the back of the base, so I can’t turn the whole copy stand around as it would be too cumbersome to work with.

Has anyone else had this type of setup with the auto-rotate problem and if yes, is there a workaround?

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be something you would need to consult your camera manuals to see what the function does. It may just record the camera orientation in the  image files or not. It may have nothing to do with you cameras LCD display that can be rotated. Also your LCD is rotated your camera is not.  So you your camera is in Landscape or Portrait mode not upside down mode.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gwhPoster,

I don't think the issue is related to Photoshop. However, I'd recommend that you check with the camera manufacturer once to get advice from experts.

Community experts here might also be able to help you with this issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem - thanks to you both for pointing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines