Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created an action to do the following:

1- resize an image

2- remove the background with the magic wand tool

3- manually select one part of the image that i want to keep

4- create a layer mask to adjust and refine the edges to get rid of the rigged lines

5- save as png

now when i click on automate, batch, photoshop finishes all the steps but the png tuns our empty, nothing is in the file. and sometimes in the middle of the action, photoshop gives me this error message " the command make is not currently available ", it's been driving me nuts for days now, what is going on and how do i fix this?

I'm using photoshop CC 2018

Please help

Thanks

Maverick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Yeah, It was just a simple step that I forgot to include in my actions, I forgot to first make a selection of the whole layer before selecting the parts that i wanted to keep in the image, that fixed it for me and all actions are working now, thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the actual action and the image file you used it on. You should ba able to do that there is most likely a problen with your action.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Below is the image of the actions bordered in red along with the original image before applying the actions.

I really hope you can help me with this as it is driving me crazy.

Thank you

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again Please post a link to the action .atn file and the image file so I can step through your action on that image.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem and fixed it, thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you got it working

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, It was just a simple step that I forgot to include in my actions, I forgot to first make a selection of the whole layer before selecting the parts that i wanted to keep in the image, that fixed it for me and all actions are working now, thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines