• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black colors on all mods

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ביאור 2020-07-27 180754.pngI've just installed PS and it's showing only black colors and open images look like the have a black overlay on them or somthing. I used to do a bit of editing back in the days of the PS6 bus this was a long time a ago so this is all pretty new again. it looks like that in every photo or a new document. the color picker also show black colors. and all color books show the same color. btw i kind of messed up the color book because of that, how do i set it to the default config?

Is my rtx2060 a problem? 

**I have the Asus zenbook pro duo ux581. and the colors used to be normal on the second display(3840x1080) *I just got a Windows update and a CC update and now the colors are the same as in main display.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Photoshop Preferences/Performance - is the graphics card recognized?

Have you run updates for your graphics card to match the newer Photoshop version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the  PS preference says it the intel uhd graphic. it deosn't recognize  the rtx2060.  i run update in both graphics cards and the colors still haven't changed. 

I think it's worth to mention that i have a second screen on my laptop at wierd resolusion and the colors are fine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"btw i kind of messed up the color book"

Can you tell us what you mean when you say "color book"?  Both your foreground and background swatches are black. To reset them, type "D" for "Default", but you may mean something else.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried different options from the "color library" they where under the title "books". I did a reaset so its probably fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, have you found a solution to this now? I bought a asus zenbook pro duo ux581LV recently and also engaged with the exact same problem. I tried driver updates, preference resetting, installing older version of PS, etc, but none of them worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just got a Windows update"

That's probably it right there. Chances are you got a broken monitor profile from Asus, distributed through Windows Update. Monitor/laptop manufacturers do that, and considering how many of these profiles are defective in various ways, I don't understand why Microsoft still allows that.

The proper way to deal with it is to use a calibrator to make a new profile, but if you don't have one, replace your current profile(s) with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 here:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Relaunch Photoshop when done. The profile is loaded at application startup.

If that's not it, and unchecking GPU doesn't do anything either, there's something very odd going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks you so much for the solution.  It's really helpful. The problem is now solved by running the asus colour calibrate software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines