• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Settings Not Saving

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've been having an issue with Photoshop for about 2 days now and haven't been able to find a solution.

I've had an issue in the past where changing the settings of one brush was affecting all of my brushes, turns out I was just selecting the brush tip shape and not the actual brushes, but now I'm having a problem where none of my brush settings are being saved properly when I navigate away from them even when I don't touch the brush tip shapes. I will make a brush with custom settings, save it as a preset, then select a different brush from my brush list (not the brush tip panel), and said brush will have at least some of the same settings from the previous brush I worked with. 

For example: I have a simple embroidery brush that has angle jitter set to 'direction', I'll save it as a preset, then click on my sketching brush and it will have the same angle jitter. I'll fix my sketch brush back to the way I like it and save it as a preset, then go back to my embroidery brush and it'll have lost its angle jitter, etc.

I've tried resetting my preferences, followed the steps to create a brush preset exactly, and I'm legit at a loss at this point lol. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

I'm trying to repro but cannot seem to do so; any settings I make in a preset are retained upon returning to the preset.

If resetting preferences didn't help, did you try an uninstall/reinstall yet (without keeping settings)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to repro but cannot seem to do so; any settings I make in a preset are retained upon returning to the preset.

If resetting preferences didn't help, did you try an uninstall/reinstall yet (without keeping settings)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! Thanks for the reply! I was able to fix it after resetting everything, updating my drivers, and making sure the lock icons in the brush setting panel weren't locked. Thanks again for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing out the thing with the locks! That's what solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just ran into the same thing.

Eg. have a brush preset with Transfer turned on.

I turn it off, save as a new brush.

When I return to the brush transfer is back on. 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines