Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Filter: Can't Find Luminance

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am following a tutorial where one of the steps involved going into Camera Raw Filter and under the noise reduction tab increasing the luminance. Unfortunately, under the noise reduction tab I do not see the same options as the tutorial, as my only options are detail and contrast. Does anybody know where I can find the tool to adjust luminance if it has been moved? And if it is an error on my end, does anyobody know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

In the latest version, Luminance is now called Noise reduction.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest version, Luminance is now called Noise reduction.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, my mistake lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg, I had the same question. But is it just me or was Luminance a more powerful tool than just noise reduction ? I feel like they have another tool that we could use. lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya .. "if we can just put Luminance back... that would be great"..... this noise reduction is garbage and doesnt do the job well at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg i agree!!  Luminance was way better ... bring it back please!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Infatti, questa ultima versione fa proprio pena, dalla barra della luminanza sparita, alla rimozione delle macchie, e via dicendo, hanno peggiorato una versione che funzionava abbastanza bene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise reduction was previously called Luminance noise reduction, it's the same thing.

The other tool is for removing  color noise, furhter down. (Color noise reduction)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY @Per Berntsen Luminance and Noise Reduction is NOT the same thing, this NEW GARBAGE Noise reduction you are claiming as the same as Luminace is just straight wrong, this is the most garbage version of Camera RAW yet! You all piss me off, dont remove a VERY USEFUL tool and replace it crap. Kinda like dont fix it if it aint broke. R worded ass devs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can we get luminous back ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sono d'accordo, ripristinare la vecchia barra della luminanza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines