• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Photoshop 2020 on macOS 10.15 Catalina

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open Photoshop 2020. I have tried using shift-option-command to no avail. Photoshop CC 2019 works fine.

iMac 2015

Catalina OS 10.15

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Hi there,

That does not sound good, let's make it right.

Could you please try the steps mentioned below?

- Go to Finder > Applications > Photoshop 2020 (Right click on Photoshop) > Choose Show Package Content > macOS, and then try to launch Photoshop from there.

If that does not help then please try uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop 2020 and let us know if it helps?

If all fails then update the macOS to 10.15.1

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, let's make it right.

Could you please try the steps mentioned below?

- Go to Finder > Applications > Photoshop 2020 (Right click on Photoshop) > Choose Show Package Content > macOS, and then try to launch Photoshop from there.

If that does not help then please try uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop 2020 and let us know if it helps?

If all fails then update the macOS to 10.15.1

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the Adobe 2020 programs work on my 2019 Imac desktop computer running Catalina 10.15.1.

It pisses me off to no end to have to keep paying for a cloud membership that does NOT serve me at all!

I am seriously going to look into an alternative to Adobe if this is not fixed ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please any updates on photoshop 2020 not working on Catalina , i tried all steps nothing works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same position, Photoshop won't launch on my 2019 iMac.  It was working, about a week ago it just stopped.  I'm ready to get a refund for my subscription.  If I have to use affinity to do my photo work, I shouldn't be paying for Photoshop??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending more than an hour with support, Photoshop now works. Frustrating when you're on a tight deadline!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sahil.Chawla  with this process i could not find show package content on my macbook pro (big sur) is there any option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any chance of FINALLY speaking to someone to sort this out. Photoshop Elements 2020 has stopped working on OS Catalina. Seems numerous crash reports sent to Apple or Adobe. I had been promised a phonecall this week to sort this out but haven't heard back from anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I tried the SHOW PACKAGE approach and it works with a terminal window open. But how do I turn that into an icon/ alias on the dock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catalina OS has some problem with PS 2020 yet and in notice of Adobe so wait for update and use CC 2019 to do your creativity..Regrds

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as above. macOS all up to date and PSCC2020 up to date.

I cannot use PSCC2020 and get the below.

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 13.13.23.png

I unistalled PSCC2020 and installed PSCC2019. It worked but I cannot save/export my work, specifically to web.

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 13.20.05.png

I cannot use any PSCC!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

macOS Catalina version 10.15.2 (19C57)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as above. macOS all up to date and PSCC 2020 up to date.I cannot use PSCC 2020, when i save file it was show 99% saving but, It take very long times! and sometimes it's crashes and stop. Despite the program showing that it still works normally But i can't do anything just But sitting and watching sometimes, I have to exit the program Because I really can't do anything and my work has to be done to send to the customers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, could you please try adding Photoshop to macOS's System Preferences > Security & Privacy Settings and let us know if it helps? Please check the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html#Penpressuredoesnotworkandbusycur...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I purchased the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 upgrade (from an older Photoshop Elements 10 version) because the older version is not compatibl with Mac's OS Catalina 10.15.2.  Now I find out the 2020 upgrade will not work on Catalina either!  I feel I have been duped into buying the upgrade.  I have tried EVERY suggestion on this thread that all of the Adobe employees have suggested, and NOTHING allows Elements 2020 to open/load.  It keeps saying "Loading Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor Workspace" when I try to open Photo Editor to get started.  The little blue wheel turns forever with no progress, then it disappears and sends me back to the "What would you like to do today?" intro page, over and over.  Same problem when I try to use the "Organizer,"  Same "Loading the Elements Organizer Workspace" to no avail.  Removing and reloading the software makes no difference.  Adobe needs to hurry up and get on the stick and get this fixed, or send everyone's money back.  If it doesn't load soon, I will have to do a "charge-back" on my credit card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.15.3 Updated and re-started today

Installed Elements 2020 today

Organizer opened fine, converted folders, all good.

Photo Editor will not open:

- from the home page: nothing happens

- from the Applications page: "Adobe Photoshop Editor Can't Be Opened"

Home page links to Adobe web pages work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the only thing that ended up working for me is doing a clean install of Catalina. So far I have not had any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand your sequence: 

- had previously installed Catalina

- installed PShop, which didn't work

- ununstalled and then reinstalled Catalina

- PShop then worked

Did the reinstall of Catalina by any chance take less time than the first install?  (I hope!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did a clean install of Catalina. I was much faster than the first install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I might not have explained this well. I erased my entire hard drive, installed Catalina and then put my files back. I did not put old applications back, but only installed new versios that were compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I just bought a brand-new Mac, which shipped with macOS Catalina 10.15.2. I went to the Adobe Website and installed the latest Creative Cloud Desktop App, and Photoshop CC 2020 (latest version). Whenever I double-click a .PSD or .JPG file in the macOS Finder, with Photoshop set as my default App, The Photoshop Application itself opens, but the file does not open, so I have to manually choose File > Open, navigate to the file in the folder. This is especially disruptive to my creative workflow, since I use many different versions of my .PSD and .JPG files in the Finder and right click and then choose open with Photoshop CC 2020. I've tried reinstalling macOS (clean install), and updating to macOS 10.15.3, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop and Bridge several times but the issue persists. Could you please help me get Photoshop to open images by selecting (Open with > Photoshop 2020) from the macOS Finder? I read somewhere online that it may be a macOS Launch Services problem, but tried resetting that through terminal commands, but that didn't work. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought a new iMac with Catalina. Premiere Pro works. Photoshop and Media Encoder does not. When is Adobe going to fix this problem? It is almost May. This is hugely probelamtic for me because editing Photoshop documents in my Premiere Pro timeline is a must!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is riduclous, we are not paying to spend our time working on issues that should not exist. I can not run Photoshop 2020 on my new iMac which is the next computer in terms of power under theiMac Pro. I am running Catalina 15.2 and I do not have the time to fix issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share the same situation as Kevin and I totally agree with him. I'm not a dentist who get payed about 800$/hour (or more), only a poor passionate artist who works hard to get a decent life. My dentist makes in two weeks more that I earn in a year! So having to waste my time to fix problems that should not exist if ingeneers were doing a fair job is a bit excruciating! Strangely enough I don't have to pay for monthly (stupids) upgrades to drive my old Toyota! When I sell an illustration to a client I will not charge him for an eventual upgrade on his illustration! So? So can I say I like Adobe? I have no choice but to use its product because I've worked with it since years and I payed a lot for tat application already! Now, these version are obsolete, thanks to Apple! If Adobe want to make money out of artists, try to be decent about it, give us tools that we won't have to repair! We are not computer ingeneers and we are not payed their salary. If you want dum artists to pay for your «unfinished» product, pay them back for the time they loose trying to fix the problem that tthey did not create!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines