• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina Finder views of .psd files... slow to display

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my 21” iMac 2012 from High Sierra and PS 2019… to Catalina (10.15.7) and PS 2020 (21.2.4.)

When using any of the Mac Finder View options (icons, list, columns, gallery) to display a .psd thumbnail of any magnification, it takes 20-30 seconds or longer, and sometimes the thumbnail never displays. Doesn’t matter how many images are in a folder.  I can see tiny, tiny  thumbnails in column view.

All images were created in PS 2019 or slightly earlier CC versions.

Odd thing: View options work instantly for my thousands of Canon and Nikon Raw files regardless of how many are in a folder, and jpgs, pngs display instantly as well. Things worked flawlessly in PS 2019.

Current Settings:

Under Preferences > Performance: Use Graphics Processor is checked-on. Options: Legacy Compositing is unchecked.

File Handling > File Saving Options > Image Previews: Always Save, Thumbnail is checked-on.

At the OSX Finder level: View > Show View Options > show icon preview is checked-on.

So I don’t know where to look to resolve this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so this is the tedious workaround. Open up each image in PS, toggle a layer off-and-on (or any other task, Save image, and voilla... the Catalina Finder displays the thumbnail in the any of the 4 Finder views. I completed this for about 400 .psd files.

Why pics do not display via the Finder is a mystery. Must be a reason, but it is not based on pic size, channels, masks during last saved state, Finder settings, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines