Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud file handling with iPad / File Sync

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I'm trying to make a quick edit on a photoshop file I've got saved on my Creative Cloud with my iPad.

I can access my Creative Cloud files through the Files app on my iPad, and can open the file in photoshop.. 

When I save the file- where is it being saved to? Is it possible to set it so it saves overtop the file I originally opened? I' can do this if I click Share--> Export--> Creative Cloud--> Original Folder, but that's an extra 30 seconds anytime I want to save the file, and then there's also the Cloud Versions of these files that photoshop is creating and auto saving somewhere else creating confusing du-locate files.

Thank you!
Just getting into mobile editing and loving it!! Can't wait for Illustrator on the iPad!! 🙂
-Garnet

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you start with saving a Cloud psd from the desktop it will show up in your Cloud Documents on the iPad and changes made on either iPad or Desktop will get synced to the file. Files previously saved on Creative Cloud show up in Synced files section of the Creative Cloud. Cloud psd like those from Photoshop on the iPad or saved as cloud psd's on desktop show up in Cloud Documents. I hope this clarifies it somewhat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using illustrator / photoshop on my laptop and have created hundreds of non psdc files (regular psd) files.
Is it going to be possible to edit and work with those files without having to convert everything to psdc format? Or is there any way to batch convert everything?
I might be doing something wrong, but I keep ending up with multiple versions of the same file, and they don't seem to be syncing properly between my laptop and my ipad. They keep duplicting each time I make a small change on either platform.

An example of my workflow would be - 
Open Photoshop on Ipad // Tap - Import and Open // In 'Locations' go to Creative Cloud and find the folder with the file I want to edit // All Files have Cloud with Downward Arrow, click on file and "download" and open - which turns the file into a psdC file while leaving the old file in its original location as a PSD file creating the first dupicate //
It would be great to either have the option to replace the PSD file as a psdC, or save-as a psdC in that same folder.
I have hundreds of folders with different projects and it seems like a long process to have to convert each file to a cloud file, then create an entirely new folder system.

TLDR---- I really hope adobe finds a way to integrate the old non cloud files into the ipad / cloud system so we can easily use our ipads with our old file libraries. (Files that are uploaded on my Creative Cloud storage, but not psdC files.)

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks for the feedback and questions! .psdc are cloud only documents, and only meant to be used in the Cloud Document workflow. They are not a file type meant for the storage in a file system like a desktop/laptop computer or even file based cloud storage. Once you convert a file into a .psdc either by open/import with Photoshop on the iPad or by saving as a cloud document from your computer, it is in the Cloud document ecosystem. This is different from the Creative Cloud storage system which is a file system in the cloud. For a better understanding of how Cloud documents work, this link may be helpful - Manage and work with cloud documents in Photoshop

Regarding being able to batch convert PSD files in PSDC files, I will pass that feedback along to the Product Manager for Cloud documents. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines