• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour changing on different monitors

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have and issue, i wonder if anyone else could chip in with.

i recently got a colour calibration tool, cause i wanted to get all my monitors on the same page colourwise. worked great. but now i notice the colours in photoshop, and only photoshop are different. slightly less saturated.

i've read all the posts on this i could find, and nothing seemed to help. if i move the image pane to another window, it looks fine, until i relase the mouse button, and it switches to become far too saturated. the image plane doesn't even match the colours in the thumbnail of the home window. if i drop a jpg into a web window, or view it in bridge, it looks perfect, no matter what monitor i view in it. this is strictly just the document window in photoshop, and nothing else.

any help anyone coiuld offer would be appreciated. thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you need to identify which applications and scenarios are color managed and will actually use your monitor profile. Incidentally, the Photoshop home screen is not (although of course the main application is). Applications without color management support do not use your monitor profile at all.

When you use a calibrator, the important thing is not that it makes a few simple adjustments to the monitor's behavior. The important thing is the monitor profile, which is much more detailed, using many more parameters. The profile is a standard icc profile, like any other icc profile, and used in a standard profile conversion.

When you drag an image to another screen, the profile for the first screen is used until you drop. That's the instant when the second profile is applied, and the image displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

right, ok, and i understand about the monitor profiles, and that the calibrator creates new ones where you can switch between them in the colour managent tab, but that doesn't really adress why photoshop is the only program having this issue. i can bring the bridge over to the monitor i use for photoshop, and the colours look drastically different.

the same image looks the same in other applications, it only looks different in photoshop, and phtoshop alone.

thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines