• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command/Ctrl + Spacebar zoom shortcut not working [2018]

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I have used the command/ctrl + spacebar shortcut as a way to drag and zoom but after updating to PS 2019, that shortcut is not working. Does anyone know how to restore this function?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

I think it was either the hard reboot or re-install (not clean and just reinstalled CC desktop)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi talmom,

Ctrl+spacebar drag, does allow me to zoom in images in Photoshop CC 2019. I am Windows 10. You may try resetting Photoshop preferences back to defaults and let us know if that helps.

To know more about resetting Photoshop preferences, please refer the following link: Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem on a Mac. Resetting preferences did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some Mac specific answers: Re: Spacebar+Cmd zoom not working

Basically Spotlight or Siri might have hijacked those shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither is activated on my Mac (actually because of the conflict with Zoom)

Also, that's a super old thread. But I get the pertinence. Only had this problem since updating to CC19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is old, but Photoshop and Mac usually keeps many functions that make the advice relevant.

Any chance you have Webroot running? Webroot Support

Also you can go into Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and load the defaults? If you have custom shortcuts, just save the set before doing that.

Last but not least, you can try a Clean Unstall and reinstall that will wipe any stray files that never got removed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success

i did a hard reboot and re- installed Adobe CCloud.

works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a tough thing to  ask, but I'm glad that did it. Was it the "clean install" or a simple reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was either the hard reboot or re-install (not clean and just reinstalled CC desktop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I'll mark that correct so others can benefit.

It's odd, but sometimes I think suggesting a restart is insulting the user's intelligence, but a good idea since I don't know if they tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't upgraded to Mojave and there was a security update from Apple. It did a hard restart as part of the update AND I had re-installed the Creative Cloud Desktop - so not sure which one was valid.

For the record, I always reboot, replug etc before asking for help because... you know.
Also for the record I've been a Mac user since 1989 and have owned photoshop since version 2, thus my frustration when there are quick key changes in upgrades. That said, I like the new scaling protocol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mojave/CC on my second Mid 2012 MBP. So far no issues with 10.14.2. The next MacOS, 10.15 will remove support for 32 bit apps.

My primary MBP will run 10.13.6 for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll install Mojave after I deliver a project on Friday. Looking for that gap of forgiveness between jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but if you use the Liquefy Filter in CC 2019, know some users are seeing the dreaded black spots using this tool under Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webroot was the issue for me. I've spent a day turning various hotkeys on and off. I would have never found that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Webroot installed and have been frustrated by the spacebar not working in Adobe apps for months.

I followed gener7's advise and it fixed it! Thank you. The solution is simple: Webroot Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I've been using Control-Space to invoke the zoom tool in Photoshop (on my Mac Laptop, running PS on a Win10 VM) for years and for some reason it just stopped working this afternoon - drove me NUTS trying to figure out what was going on... even a restart didn't change anything.

Then, after reading your note I went to the Mac side, did some digging and found that Control-Space was active for something like Keyboard Inputs. I unticked it and voila - got my shortcut zoom back.

Why it decided to re-activate on the Mac side again, I have NO IDEA!

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

A quicker way of fixing this issue is to reset the preferences when launching PS.

Do this by:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you startPhotoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

command/ctrl + spacebar shortcut as a way to drag and zoom still not working. Any new fixes? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but each time I hit Cmd+Space bar, Siri popped up! Basically just turned Siri off and semed to sort it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All recommended fixes are also not working for me either. This is a shame. It makes me hesitant to keep my software up to date. Is anyone having luck rolling back and using an older version? These are tools I use constantly and it's completely messing up my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into something similar on my MacBook Pro (with a pen tablet). I think it's a conflict between the tablet and Ink settings in MacOS. Try going to Preferences -> Ink, then turn off "Allow me to Ink in any application."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit late to the party but just randomly had this issue on my mac in illustrator and photoshop (Oct 2019). Tracked it down to Siri using the same shortcut keys, so basically turned off Siri - useless anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for a solution to this for ages and have tried everything and then by mistake today while trying again after every suggestion offered, I accidentally hit option/spacebar rather than command/spacebar and TA DA, it's working using option/spacebar! Hope this helps someone also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a recurring problem for me too, and I always forget how to fix it. Often it is Google Chrome hijacking shortcuts so just try restart that, before any hard reboots etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines