Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complex wallpaper repeat pattern on photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am wanting to create a repeat pattern for a wallpaper design with the pattern below on photoshop.

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 14.33.53.png

On all the tutorials the background seems to start as a square not sure if this matters but my background measurements are 52cm width by 76cm length which is the length of the pattern down before it repeats again and the width of the wallpaper across.

Basically, I am wanting to create a repeat pattern so the flowers don't appear so regimented and the repeat doesn't look so grid-like and the pattern just intertwines without any obvious repeat.

Is there a way to do this on photoshop?

Many thanks

R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First off, I HIGHLY recommend doing this in Illustrator.

Looking at your layer panel it would appear that the images were brought in from a vector based program, which is great. Use that to your advantage.

Take a look at this tutorial - https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-seamless-fantasy-floral-pattern-in-adobe-photoshop--c...

There is a way to do this in Photoshop, but I would recommend starting with the whole design on canvas. It appears there are some leafs and flowers cut off in places.

One you have the whole design, combine the layers (select all layers, then press CTRL+E to merge). Then select EDIT > DEFINE PATTERN and give it a name.

You will not be able to create a new document, use a shape or a fill on a new layer and add a pattern effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines