• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content aware fill, "Could not fill because there are not enough source pixels on the selected layer

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Novice Photoshop CC 19 user.  Total fail attempting to remove exposed bra from image below.  Not concerned with sliver of tank top at bottom of bra.  Content Aware Fill givers me this message:  "Could not fill because there are not enough source pixels on the selected layer"   I was using the lasso tool.  Feather is at 0.  Is there a solution for this?  Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 10.52.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you show a screen shot with the selection you made and your layer panel? You did have the image layer selected and not a blank layer? Also, can you show the result that you got?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I'm getting with PS 2020, which has a little better content aware fill than 2019. It still needs a little touch up.

CAF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Chuck.  When I said novice, I ought to have said pre-novice.  I do have PS 20 and tried again with that.  Worked.  Big learning curve and I'm humbled by all the smart PS people like yourself.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might I also suggest that you make sure the image is "Flatten". I have found that if I try to use Content Aware Fill with the Rect. Marq. Tool and it is in a new layer..I get an error message that sez.."Not Enough Pixels Selected".

If I R.click on that layer and "Flatten"..works fine.

May not be your solution or problem but I thought I would mention just the same. I am new to CC also. CS6 is my "go to" Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry years in replying...Yest to"Flatten"

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flaten is only a solution, if you want to flaten. The error message apears normally, when you try content aware fill on a nearly empty layer instead of the layer containing the information you want to content aware fill.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked out! It took me a few times to realize that.

Good luck!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines